What do you think guys in their 40's who do not want to get married or have kids because they say they do not want to loose their freedom?

Guys will you agree on it?

Girls what do u think?

Can you call them selfish or not?

613

Most Helpful Girl

• I think men like that are great.

They know marriage is bullshit and having kids is only going to empty their wallets and cause early gray hair and they don't allow society to dictate how they should live their lives.

I think women need to get the fuck over themselves when they encounter such men. They are not for you. You want a bog standard life with a ring and kids? Great, leave these blokes alone and find someone who wants the same things as you.

I'm glad such men exist, because women like me need them - specifically the types that welcome female companionship, but reject the "traditional" way of how a man is supposed to settle down.

No marriage, no kids, no fuss - fantastic!

• ----------------MHO

• If you share his views on marriage and reproduction and generally agree with his outlook on life, then why not?

I'm with exactly that type. And hell, we walk around our home naked all the time. Why would anyone nag over nudity while in a relationship? Ridiculous.

I too want to stay young for as long as possible and therefore lead an active lifestyle, train and tone, so I can get the best out of the body I have.

I see family life as a misery - constant turmoil, stress and endless responsibilities. Why on earth would I want that, when I can spend my life ENJOYING myself? Only thing that could make that better is a like minded companion.

(I've already found him and we've been together for +3 years now)

• Lucky you u found that right guy. I hope I found mine hehe Im 44 no kids no married or never married n my life

What Guys Said 13

• I think it's because they are smart and know it's not worth it at that point.

It's not selfish to not want kids or marriage, it's a personal choice that they have every right to make.

• they can do wotevr they want... their life their rules

• Some guys I know would have closed the door on those thoughts maybe when they hit their late 30s or early 40s then again I know guys who didn't get married until their 40s.

• they don't wanna lose their freedom? I think they still have some growing up to do.

• Why not loosing their freedom has to do with not been a grown up guy?

• it depends on the context. when I read that I viewed it as guys valuing their "freedom" and "man cave" time over anything else.

• Basically girls have some disadvantages and guy have some if both joined then they can overcome it so I think marrying or being in a relationship forever is good but I am not interested after seeing girls here iecided that my dream girl can't come in my life but if some one is there for me then I will😊

• Their life, their choice. I think it is the wrong decision to make, but noone is obliged to make the right decision.

• I think they are a little weird but to each his own.

• Why you believe it is a little weird?

• Maybe it's cause Im just thinking of the opposite things at my age...

• Selfish? No, smart maybe...

• Not giving the rest of my life to a woman is not selfish.

• agreed. family is awaste of time for a) never growing manboys b) men with a vision and life dedication... .

• That's a perfect description of me! How is it selfish? It doesn't impact anyone else's life... just mine.

• why would they be selfish? because they aren't settling down with YOU?

• I think it's funny. It's their life and they can choose what they want. I'd want to ask them the same thing in 20 years.

What Girls Said 5

• I can't say I blame them. Fatherly, Husband (and motherly/wifely) duties can seem very chore-like. Constantly having to meet that high standard can be exhausting and make you feel confined. At his age, I may just assume he will NEVER be ready.

• i would call them selfish..
    not boyfriend/husband material. maybe food for casual dating. really depends on what YOU want tho... if those are things you want from a man, he's probably not the right guy for you.

• It isn't selfish, everyone has a right to decide what they want in their own life. A person doesn't have to have kids or be married to have a happy , fulfilled and enriched life. You can't live your life based on other peoples expectations , it isn't their life, it's yours.

• Why do you think they are selfish just because they do not follow the same pattern like most people or what society dictates that is the right way to do things?

• I didn't state that, i stated it" isn't selfish"

• Sorry my mistake I read somethign else hehe

• To each their own.

• They know what a woman's mind is like and they know how to get lots of pussy.