Do you think it's wrong to get married at 18 for the sake of experimenting how married life is?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 14

• It could be a very costly experiment!! There are so many cases where serious marriages fail with disastrous financial consequences. Even worse if kids involved. If it was just an experiment, then even more could be lost. There will also be a few "I-told-you-so" remarks.
    Marriage is too serious to be an experiment. I want to be totally in love with my future wife, and I want her to feel the same about me. If we aren't like that, then it just won't happen!!

• It is foolish to marry anyone at any age for ANY reason except an overwhelming feeling that you belong with them. That said, I have known people who married at that age and were happy for a lifetime with their spouse.

It is young, though. Best to take your time and be sure.

• Yes, it's mostly wrong because it's a very young age for marriage and probably the two people wouldn't have enough means to support themselves financially. It would be better to wait...

• Doing social relations for the sake of "experimenting" is pretty weird to me in general. What does that make the other person to you?

• I'm against getting married at any age just for the sake of "experimenting how married life is".

• Hahaha.. I think I wanna get married for a year or so when i'm 18 just to see how being married is..

• This is a very bad attitude from you tbh, I have never expected that you want to do something like that, I don't know how to answer your question, if you won't do something like that then of course it's better.

• Ok, well I'm just thinking...
      Haven't really decided.. Maybe I will do that, maybe I won't.

• For experimental purposes, yes it is wrong

• 2 early in my opinion :|

• Yes hell yes

• yes. I would concede that 50% of marriages end in divorce, but marrying at 18 is just asking to be one of those couples

• I didn't mean it as a personal attack! If you think they're the one feel free to try it-- the only thing to be careful of is that people change a lot between say 18 and 25

• Yes, it is wrong. Marriage is supposed to be once and for life.

• It would be a big step towards shooting yourself in the foot.

• I like your opinion :P

• Marriage is a huuuuge legal thing with a mess of paperwork ( especially if you want to annul or divorce) and not really worth an experiment. Definitely worth it later on for commitment and love and whatnot.

But yes definitely shooting yourself in the foot. I speak from experience lol :P

• Bad idea. Marriage isn't something that you "experiment" with or try out. It's a commitment that you make for life.

• if its an experiment, then no

• Dafuq? Marriage is supposed to be forever, it's not an experiment.

What Girls Said 11

• It's kind of a stupid thing to do. You'll have plenty of time later in life to ''experience how married life is''.

• yes, if you're not doing it for the marriage and are only doing it for experimenting. you can just move in together and pretnend that you're married.

• That's an expensive experiment.

• I think it's a bit... odd.
    And I think it destroys the whole purpose with marriage, which is the choice you make to devote your life to the one you love. But you do you, I am no one to judge.

• That reason alone? Yeah that's dumb.

• It's wrong at any age

• Of course it is

• Lmfao oh you're gonna regret it. Have fun.

• I'll have so much fun, you can't even imagine :P

• man its wayyyyyyy too early

• its not no strings attached if your getting married. it's the complete opposite! why are you even considering this? its crazy, your only 16. the reason it's wrong is bc you will hurt the other persons feeling and both your families when you split. you can't play with peoples lives ad emotions like that. you can't experiment with marriage your not playing house. by getting married you would be experiencing it, not just practising it. the fact that you can't see that is precisiely why you shouldn't get married. you are way too young

• So what do you suggest I do?

• no you won't cos you'll only be 18. you are too close to the age of the kids, even if your husbands older they let older couples adopt. besides the process can take over a year so that's already part of your plan ruined

• you will change your mind anyway when you grow up a bit. but stop. jst stop.

• it's a terrible idea to get married simply for the sake of experimenting.

• Yes unless the person you're marrying knows your intentions