How will you like your marriage to be when you finally get married?

Just wondering, if you were to get married how will you want your marriage to be? Your husband/wife is the working one and you aren't. Are you willing to stop your career to be the "stay at home" if your spouse insist. Or both of you are equally working? And which do you feel will lead to more confrontation in the marriage? My boyfriends the "old fashioned" kinda guy and I'm not sure that's the kinda marriage I'd want. Lol.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd like it to be with someone I could trust and love unconditionally.

• But what about the actual question? Lol but I agree. Pssh who wouldn't!

• her and I are going to make something out of are selves. But if we have a kid she has to stay home to nurture and love are kid until he turns old enough to go to school. I'll help out once I get off.

• Well that's a nice way to put it in that situation. I'm sure if you do as you say there won't be any confrontation. :)

What Guys Said 7

• traditional for me. There is a reason we did it for thousands of years. Caring for children is a full time job so if both parties work then they get home and do yet another job then by the time their done cleaning cooking and dealing with the kids both parents are to exhausted to interact with each other. This is actually been shown to be the hardest part in a marriage, statisticly both men and women are at there most unhappy, more so for women. This can cut into the relationship between spouses that can result in a very large divide resulting in divorce. Why are you against traditional marriage?

• I am pretty much open for anything as long as my wishes are as important as hers in our relationship.

• dont want to get married unless they fix the court rulings. im game for a life long relationship though

• The last part is the only part that matters, you don't always have to get married. In my opinion.

• In the country where I live, people cannot afford to just be "stay at home" and not work. I would expect that both of us should work so we would have more options financially. That, and to be honest, it would work better if we were like the Russians, where three generations live together and the grandparents handle the kids while the parents are working.

• That sounds about right. I don't feel as though its always necessary for a stay at home parent. Money will become more of an issue if only one is providing. And money fucks marriages up sometimes, so yeah.

• It usually breaks either because of money or sex :p

• Equal parnters without kids and many adventures

• Whaaat no kiddies? Lol please elaborate more on that if you don't mind, I'm interested in why. :)

• If a girl told me to stay at home and we could afford it I wouldn't fight. I'd stay at home and write books or music or paint while taking care of the house. I don't mind housework or quitting my job but I would have to do something. If a girl told me she would no longer work and we're not at a place that we're financially stable that's not gonna last long. Either we'll divorce or she'll go back to work. If we can afford it sure but stay at home spouse to me means fresh food cooked daily, clean laundry and all that. In an ideal situation we'd both work and split the house work.

• I would totally be a stay at home dad! I'd send the kids to bed early on some trumped up charges so I could have a drink and watch the price is right! ;p

What Girls Said 4

• well i would like both of us to be equally working.. i personally think that the 'stay at home" type will lead to more confrontation

• I don't think children will be on the cards for a while, so I would like if we both lead our lives while still being husband/wife, like normal people. If you don't like what the lifestyle is, tell him.

• Yeah I prefer to do that

• I would like for both of us to be equally working.