Keeping my name after marriage?

I don't want to change my last name when I get married. I feel like I'm losing myself and also, I don't see the point; I see it as a silly tradition.

I've actually only had 1 boyfriend tell me he wouldn't accept this, but lots of people tell me to "just do it" or that if I don't it'll cause confusion for my kids (people asking them if they're parents are married). The latter reason bothers me cause I often hear it from divorced people and my reaction is always "you think it's more complicated than divorce?"

Despite all the protest (which I also don't understand), I have no intention to change it.

Guys would this be a big deal for you? Why or why not?

11

What Guys Said 1

• Not for me. But some people like to stick to traditions...

What Girls Said 1

• I'd be proud to because I love my man, and taking his surname (we use surnames but it's all the same) means that I am part of his life. One condition though, he has got to treat me like a princess for as long as we live, hehehe...