Opinion on a Wednesday Wedding?

I was thinking marry on Wednesday so I can spend Thursday traveling (road trip or cruise) to my honeymoon destination. I want Friday-Monday to be the actual honeymoon.

Most Helpful Girl

• *You save more money with vendors that way since it's not a common day for a wedding.
    *You may want the ceremony towards the evening so people can show up to the reception if they can't make it to the ceremony itself.

• To be honest, im looking at 300 guesds and dont really want to have to afford to feed that many. I also wanted a daytime wedding/reception say 1pm-5pm. So not sure what now?

• Is it bad that I'm trying to shorten the list on purpose? I have one of those fanilies who want EVERYONE there. My grandma goes "Im inviting my friends cause they want to meet you." I want a really elegant wedding, and I can't afford that if people I dont even know or like are showing up

• Then make it clear to your family that it's your day and that you plan on celebrating the day with your closest family and friends. They should at least respect that. They can always introduce you to these people sometime after the wedding.

What Guys Said 3

• Very few people can come and now will be having fun because they may have to work the following day. Go to vegas and then do what you want.

• Actually I wouldn't mind shortening my guest list of 300. So if I'm not important enough for them to make it, I can deal

• And if I do go to Vegas, I'll marry at a fanvy hotel where I still expect a certain 40 people to be there

• ok then... how much money r u willin 2 spend durin yer honeymoon?

• $8-15k on the wedding. $5-8k on the honeymoon

• Huh... aren 't u afraid u might b broke after weddin/honeymoon then?

• Well thats why I'd like my house built first and maybe just have the wedding in the backyard. The honeymoon would still be $5k+ though

• Let me guess, you want to marry on valentines day when that happens to be on a Wednesday

• If I did, then it would be the day before my birthday. Thanks for the idea ;-) But no. I want to marry on a week day so the other days can be spent for the honeymoon and travel

What Girls Said 2

• a honeymoon from friday-monday? dont u want a bit longer? =]

anyway it depends on everyone else on that day too. make sure people can still turn up.

• Well I have 300 people and kind of felt a destination wedding or weekday wedding is the best way to shorten the guest list. We have jobs, so venturing for more than 3 days to a week is a tad bit much. He and I can still honeymoon without actually calling the other days a honeymoon

• Since most people work Monday through Friday , having your wedding on a Wednesday means that you expect your guests to take a day off work to come to your wedding (and perhaps more, depending on how far they are travelling from). Some people might not come because of that, but some might feel obligated to take time off to attend, thereby missing a day's paycheck (in addition to already spending money to come to your wedding, whether that's transportation costs, a gift, etc.).

Personally, I think it's kind of selfish. You want to make things more difficult on your guests so that you can have your honeymoon just the way you want it.

• No Im actually trying to find easier slick ways to shorten my 300 people guest list. Plus, the majority of my family are retired and all live in the area. Its my wedding after all. If they can't come, then its partially a favor since I can't afford to feed them all