Guys, Guys: Is it a dealbreaker if your girlfriend won't change last name after marriage?

Guys: Is it a dealbreaker if your girlfriend won't change last name after marriage

• Yes
    21% (9)
  • No
    79% (33)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll

17

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't even like my last name.

What Guys Said 16

• I would prefer it, if nothing else merely for my father's sake, but I don't think I would call it a dealbreaker.

• No, they can do whatever they want. In fact, I don't really want them to change their name, that'd just make things more confusing.

• Not really. I would at least want her to add my last name onto hers though, like how Kim Kardashian became Kim Kardashian West after she got married (I don't like these people, but they're the only ones I can think of at the moment who did this).

• Nope but would like to change my last name to hers if she gave
    me the opportunity.

• No, it's not

• I don't even want to get married so I don't really care.

• For me yes, A woman who would marry me would already my stance on it, so she either is ok with it or gets out. I have a friend who gets teased all the time because he changed his nlast name to hers. He gets bagged on it hard all the time.

• just curious--is that why you have this stance on it, cause a friend of yours gets mocked for it? Or is it something else?

• No. That's not why I take a stance like that. I'm not part of this new age thing going on. I like the idea of a woman taking my last name in marriage. Plus marriage is an old tradition just like taking the persons last namme.

• A woman who's very in love with her husband will even rob banks for him. Sounds like your girlfriend is not that woman. Dealbreaker

• I'd rather have our original last names not that I care that much

• It's a deal breaker if she wants me to change my name.

• Nah, let's have two last names.

• No, but honestly I doubt she would keep hers because of how traditional she is. It's kind of a shame, cause her last name is cooler than mine.

• No but I might be a little sad about it.

• I actually wanted my wife's surname when we married, since I have lost contact with my father and his side of the family (ie my surname is meaningless to me). She is a bit old fashioned though and wouldn't have any of that.

• Also she now has a surname she can't even pronounce lol

• It's a deal breaker if we're not going to have the same last name, but I don't care if I who changes theirs.

• I'm quite pissed off with my family and upbringing that I may take my wife's last name and leave my past behind forever.