Is this normal behavior for a 4 yr old?

My ex just got married after 4 months of us being apart and we share out son. Well my son goes to his dad's house and when he comes back to my house he is always mimicking arguments, saying stupid b**** and then saying how he is sick and tired of being used. Is this normal or maybe you think he could be hearing this on tv?
Update: My ex never told me he got married so it was a surprise to me. I am just wondering why my 4 yr old is bringing this back to my house and HOPING that he is hearing this off the tv or something

Most Helpful Guy

• Perhaps he hears this when his father is in conversation with his wife or maybe this is how his father speaks of you! It could also be that he hears these things off of tv and that would mean that his father allows him to watch things inappropriate for his age.
    Whatever the case, this guy is being irresponsible and you should have a conversation with him about it. Don't accuse him of anything straight off the bat but tell him what you're son has been saying after coming from his house and ask him some questions such as is there anything going on in the household that could be causing this behaviour or has he been letting him watch inappropriate films or shows.
    If he denies everything and this continues or becomes worse you may want to take action yourself and seek outside help.

Also, your son himself could shed some light on what's going on. Ask him why is he saying these things and where is he hearing them. Ask him has there been any fighting between his father and the father's wife, has his father said any mean things about you, what movies or shows did he watch in his father's house and did his father ask him to keep any secrets. He's only four but he should be able to tell you if there is anything going on.

What Guys Said 5

• You need to have a serious discussion with your ex about what is happening in his household. If you tolerate this for too long without trying to remedy the problem, you will be blamed for "not caring enough to do anything."

• Is he seeing this behaviour in his fathers house or watching TV he shouldn't there

• ROFL, your ex is a really bad influence. Don't let your kid hang out with your ex anymore. Some guys were never meant to be fathers, but still are anyway.

• That's sort of normal! :D

• No way, he is being told to say that by his Father.. No 4 yr old knows word like that, if they do they have been coached to say that, they have no idea WHAT they actually mean though...

What Girls Said 2

• It doesn't matter where he has heard it from. It is unacceptable language for a four year old. It is time to sit down with the son's Dad and explain what he has been saying. Don't issue blame, just approach the situation as ' ok here is the problem, so how are WE going to fix it'. You will find that the situation will correct itself, as I have a feeling that the son has been learning this language from his father. However, negitive words said back to us through the mouths of young children, often open the eyes of adults.

• not at all!