Why do abusers push for pregnancy and marriage very fast, usually within 6 months?

0|0
8|9

Most Helpful Guy

• Because they believe that it will give them more control over you and make it harder for you to get away.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 8

• One more way of controlling a woman. Next question?

2|2
    0|0
  • So they have u locked in so u can't get out. It's called manipulating, in order to not let others leave, they want to settle as quick as possible so the other party would not leave if something comes up unexpectedly (generally bad like ex wife/kids etc)

0|1
    0|0
  • Stockholm Syndrom it uses investments made by the woman to control her. She becomes economiclly invested, socially invested, sexually invested, and protective of her abuser once she has children her investment in the family is like glue.

0|0
    0|0
  • So they can control you which makes abusing easier. Even if they just get you pregnant they then have rights to be in your life for 18 years until the child is grown.

0|0
    0|0
  • because they want a big income check for their taxes

0|0
    0|0
    • different perspective, but whatever lol

• @bubble_tea is also right my sister recently got out a f'd relationship and it was hard for her to leave her baby daddy. He also manipulated her to giving him all her hard earn money and he would kick her out. Come tax season he always came crawling back to her it was a vicious cycle.

• drug abusers?

0|0
    0|0
  • It's harder for the abuse victim to leave.

0|0
    0|0
  • so u dont get a chance to escape or face too much of the abuse before they can lock u in

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• To tie the victim to them. It is harder for the person being abused to leave them, if they are married. Because then they have to see them to go through a divorce. If you have a kid, you will have to go to court for visitation rights, and all that stuff. Plus if you are married, or have a kid, it makes them less likely want to leave sometimes. Because some people think well we are married, lets try and work it out. If you have a kid some people are like well I don't want them growing up in a broken home, not realizing that an abusive home is a broken one.

0|0
    0|0
  • To be done with it and have a slave for the rest of time - before she wakes up and seems the monster in front of her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its because they know the relationship will not last without that kind of commitment.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because it's a way to keep the victim from leaving

0|0
    0|0
  • so you can't go no damn where

0|0
    0|0
  • To make it harder for you to leave.

0|0
    0|0
  • Makes no difference to me. I'll disown his little bastard child and put it in an orphanage where it belongs...

0|0
    0|1
  • So they have more people to control

0|0
    0|0