Why do Women no longer want to be traditional wives as in biblical times?

All opinions welcome.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am a Christian girl and I wish to be a traditional, modest wife that takes care of her husband, and always makes sure he is cared for and looked after. Lots of affection, empathy and delicious food. If a man lives with me he might gain weight from gourmet food!

• Your what every wife should be!

• Why are females thumbing this down?

• Because she is not supposed to choose this as militant feminists say that chauvinist men are trying to shackle women

What Girls Said 18

• Because gender roles are dumb

• Because they get treated like second class citizens who are only good for breeding, rearing children, cooking and cleaning. And women have way more potential than that.

• Because women and men are now about equal (in the western world) and men have realized that women have exactly the same potential to achieve great as they do, get over it.

• Cause it's the 21st century, not biblical times...

• i agree 100% with what @aamy811 said

• Sure they do - go to America. As I gather most women there dream to be stay at home moms. O. o

But still have gardeners, drivers, cleaning ladies... So... kinda weird. O. o

• Yes I see this in every American drama. Its no wonder there are so many affairs as they have nothing to do all day. The maid cleans the house and the nanny raises the kids. The gardener walks about topless and sweaty, mowing the lawn is not only thing he does.

• Everyone gets to choose what they want to belief in and the lifestyle they want. For starters you won't convince me on obeying any bible. I'm an atheist and do not care about anything that has to do with religion and god.

However, I'm all for waiting for a relationship.

• also... I want to finish my major, which I find very important. I'll be over towards the ending of this year or beginning of the next

• erm.. just maybe becasue its the 21st century.. just a thought

• Cuz we are treated unequally like that and don't get a chance to pursue what we might want such as no kids, traveling, career. I want a relationship with a guy where we can have fun together while still being committed, and do things WE want to do rather than base our relationship on restricting rules and expectations that come with "biblical times" religious relationships

• I don't wish to be a slave for a lazy or sexist man. I want to work an have a life 😀

• Is this a serious question? In biblical times, women were property. When they were of age (and "of age" meant hit puberty, not today's standard of an adult) they were traded for livestock and were married to that man, who made every decision for her, for the rest of their lives. They had no say in anything that happened in their lives, ever. They were, essentially, domesticated pets, like dogs and cats today. Women have NEVER wanted that, they just had no choice for so long. Now they have a choice and get to be what they want.

Is your next question going to be "why don't black people want to be traditional slaves like in colonial times?"

• Because that would be boring as hell.

• I wouldn't want to live as a dependent, when I could help provide for my family. The kids are the dependents, not me.

• I want to be this kind of wife..

• Good. *marriage material*

• I think you can't have it both ways, as other have said times have changed. Women back then were "slaves" to that life style because society required it that way. Now, we don't need the wife to stay at home and raise 20 children because you aren't out working the fields and raising the cattle. Technology has evolved, life expectancies have increased. There is no need to keep that mentality. And if that is what you want in a relationship, then you can find a form of that still existing in the cultures that forgo modern technology and medicine, like the Amish, etc.
    You can't expect all women to be satisfied being subservient to their husbands when there are so many more opportunities to have a fulfilled life beyond just making a man happy.

• Because I'm not a slave? lmao

• Not this woman. I'm happily married and intend to stay that way.

• people are godless today... they only believe in the internet

What Guys Said 11

• Mostly because those times sucked horribly.

• Because they were like slaves!

• People evolve basically

• Because times usher in change... we no longer live in biblical times so naturally change has ushered in.

• Gender roles are no longer what's accepted, and people don't follow the bible as much.

• Women have just as much right as we men do. Some women want to and some women don't, at the end of the day they have the freedom to make their own choices and that's the way it should be. I could never tell my wife to stop working and stay at home.. she's successful and has her own business. times have moved on since then and its much better now. Women are not property for you to decide what to do to them

• Back in those days, women were pretty much indentured servants with almost zero human rights.

I like the idea of a modern woman that is able to support herself and live out her dreams. I must ask... why don't YOU like the modern day woman?

• a lot of men say this because it means a lot more women a willing to have one night stands.

• Looking at your comments on opinions you seem like a guy that enjoyed when girls were basically slaves to their husbands

• Because they can make their own choices. Basically, being "traditional" means that they need to stay at home, and never really accomplish anything themselves. That's not a life that every woman wants.

• Because bible is benighted, patriarchal and chauvinistic.

• Bc it's not biblical times