How long do you think an engagement should be?

How long would you say an engagement should be? Would you start planning the wedding straight away or would you relax and just be engaged for a while? How long do you think is right?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you have a decently big or a wedding that needs normal preparations, you need 6-8 months. Sometimes, ordering some wedding dresses can take that long and it's good for it not to be too rushed which can cause a lot of stress. If you cram something that is normally in 8 months to 1-2 months, the couple is bound to be stressed planning and the joy of planning a wedding is minimized. I think 6mo-1yr is a good time frame. Some people like these long engagements, but I don't. If I'm engaged, it means that I want to be married to you. So why would I want to wait that long?

What Girls Said 4

• I'd say maybe a year and maybe a little more. Enough time to have a few months to relax and enjoy it before starting to plan the wedding.

• You need at least six months to plan a wedding. (on average). But you shouldn't leave it too long either otherwise you because one of those perpetually engaged couples. ( and we all know at less one couple like that)

• It depends. I don't think there should be a set amount of time. If you have been together for a while, I think just overnight is fine
    But I think it's good to wait for important milestones, like college graduation

• At least a year

What Guys Said 4

• I think it depends on the couple and hopefully the two people in the relationship are clear on their plans for the engagement.

• Usually six months to a year just long enough to plan the wedding and the honeymoon afterwards. If you need time to think about it take a few weeks about a month before the wedding to think if you two are right for each other. Can you live with her flaws everyday?

• your wedding should be 6 months-18 months, not too long but not right away either cuz it does take a good minute to plan and shit

• As long as possible and not follow through because marriage is not for me haha