Wedding in 6 months! Don't know what to serve (food) for at least 50+ people (want to have a small wedding church members and family only)?

Okay, so I will be getting married in a few months. And I want to get everything planned ahead. I don't want to wait till the last minute. If you all were attending a wedding what would you serve? I'm in a budget so I don't have many ideas. I would appreciate your help!!! Please!!! Also, should I hire a DJ or a band?

Updates:
Okay, so what would be best indoors or outdoors? Or should I stick with indoors to be on the safe side with weather?

0|0
4|1

Most Helpful Girl

• I would aim for two-three food options, keep it simple. Standard meat, something vegetarian, and/or maybe a plate for those with allergies. Or just make sure people communicate them to you. Honestly, pick a food that you like and go with it. It's your wedding, after all. Consider what will be in season/cheaper and go with that as well.

A DJ would be cheaper, but if you know of a local band you like, go with them. How much you want to spend on each item really depends on what you want to prioritize: music or food?

0|0
    0|0
    • I am on a 2,000 (my boyfriend said we can go a bit over if necesaary) budget. Not including my dress and shoes. I need to get wedding decorations. Music. And a place for my venue. Plus the food. I want something that won't be messy. (Because of children) I was thinking brisket? For the meat? I don't know... this is hard... Lol

• Show All
    • Thank you so much! Like, I would give you a hug right now! Lol. you don't know how stressed I've been over this. Those words helped me feel better. Thank you!

• Haha I'll accept the virtual hug :P And give yourself one! Good luck and I'm so happy I could help

What Guys Said 1

• A DJ and catering halls are cheaper on weekdays, and everyone pretty much likes chicken in some form of meal and is cheaper

0|0
    0|0
    • I wanted to have brisket? What side dishes would go good with that? Or maybe king ranch casserole?

What Girls Said 3

• I would make a list of different foods (pasta, meat, potatoes, desserts) and get people to sign up like a pot luck

0|0
    0|0
    • And I would say DJ but you should pick out the music

• Show All
    • Lol true! And thank you soo much!

• No problem... I love weddings so if you ever want to talk something through with some one feel free to message me :p

• Down here in the south where I am from it is custom to do pot luck weddings. Mine is a pot luck and went over real well. We provide drinks and cake.

0|0
    0|0
  • DJ for sure they are cheaper. I don't go unless there is a open bar.

0|0
    0|0
    • Lol well my boyfriend wants to have one. But not throughout the whole wedding. Just for like two hours or so. But I don't know. I have some pretty crazy unlces. And I want a drama free wedding.