Do you think marriage is a beautiful thing?

Why and why not?

Most Helpful Guy

• You are going to get three answers from asking this.

One group is going (Ages 15-28ish) will say its outdated and stupid.

The other group (Ages 18+) that are married or have been saying its one or the other based on their experience.

Then you'll get the older crowd saying its a great thing because it lasted.

Marriage is a great thing it all depends on who you chose to spend your life with. People at a young age that say they will never be married or have kids have no idea where they will be 10 years from now.

What Girls Said 10

• Depends on the marriage.
    Most marriages fail or have some serious flaws. Those are not.
    Those marriages where husband and wife are loyal to each other, and there's strong love, and they're still together when they're 80.. those are.

• I heard a quote once: marrying the right person can be the closest thing to Heaven one earth.
    Marrying the wrong person can be the closest thing to Hell on earth.

• Generally speaking, it's a beautiful sentiment, wanting to commit yourself to one person for the rest of your life. Whether or not it works out the way it should, is another story entirely.

• Yes I do! you spend the rest of your life with the one you truly love. Some people get marries then change that's really up to the person I been with mine for 11 years altogether but married 8 years. With 2 kids later and I am still in love with him. So that is up to the person that gets married if they want to keep their love alive.

• Not really. It changes people, often for the worse. That's what makes it difficult to determine if the person you're marrying is a good one. I wouldn't want to take a chance like that and put myself in situation where I have to choose between living with someone I hate or losing half of everything I own.

• It might be beautiful for some people, but it's not for me.
    I don't feel the need to get married and I'm not willing to spend so much money just for one day. And then after some time I will have to spend more money to get divorced.

• LOL!! I didn't spend that much money on getting married I thought just like you too much money spent on one day no way. But it was simple and very nice my wedding

• LOL!! Your funny 😎

• Ahahaha Thanks :D @PrettyRican

• Nope, it's just marriage. It doesn't mean anything.

• Yes I do because you get a companion that becomes a part of you.

• It would be unfair to say that marriage is an " absolutely " beautiful or ugly thing , it's a combination of both but it depends on the couple themselves anyway

• No, I love my freedom.
    I can't be myself when I have to see/live with someone everyday.

What Guys Said 10

• I don't even know anymore. I think it's beautiful when two people are together for the rest of their life, when you see an 80 y/o couple together is something I wish I could accomplish one day.
    Marriage is just a label, cause what matter is that both of you love each other and stay together forever, and you can get this without ever getting married.

• Yup , been with the same awesome woman for 18 years now and counting

• If you choose the right person then definitely yes.

• Not personally no, I wouldn't like to be that close and bonded with someone ;)

• I have been married 28 years and it is how I want to live. But, Imcould have married the wrong person and then it would have been disaster. I dated her for 5 years including the engagement so I was pretty sure.

• It's a beautiful relationship, with a piece of paper attached to it.

• It's not for everyone, but most people would say that it is, while other would say it's a disaster

• it is. peopel who say its outdated are a bit dim.

• Its a disastee fir me examples? My family and my neighbourhood big no

• Nah. Don't get married, because you cannot keep being in love with someone that you see farting.