How can I get my husband to open up to me emotionally?

I feel like I don't know him at all. He never shares his thoughts or feelings with me and when I confront him about it he just says there is nothing to say or else he says that is just who he is. I feel like there is something missing from our relationship (been together for 12 years of which we are married for 8 years). Also he says that he loves me but the only physical contact we have is when we have sex.

Most Helpful Guy

• I could spend time writing here. I was married for 25 years. Instead I'll tell you to go here: www.marriagebuilders.com it is an excellent website with a lot of useful information that WILL help you.

Most Helpful Girl

• And how are you two married? Most men unfortunately to some women's dismay are better showers than tellers of how they're feeling. Try doing activities with him for dates and ask light questions at first before getting into some heavy deep stuff. Pick something you both can enjoy like rock climbing for example.

What Guys Said 2

• Maybe he's a person who has a hard-time openin up generally maybe?

• Should have thought about that before getting married, because he isn't going to suddenly start being more emotional with you. That isn't how it works.

What Girls Said 2

• I used to have this issue w my ex, he just says there's nothing wrong, which I don't think that's the case. Some guys are just like this, they don't like talking mainly for two reasons, either they think it makes them look "weak" or they just don't want to bother you with their troubles. Don't tell him you don't know him at all tho, that'll really hurt him more than you'll know. Don't probe too much and wait for him to talk. If he wishes to share his problems, he would already have done so.

• I honestly think that's a guy thing. Don't take it personal when his ready to talk he will. My husband is pretty quiet too but I met him like that. But when he is ready to talk to me he will talk and talk. Which is kind of funny. Let it come out of him don't force him. We are all different don't forget that.