Same sex marriage has just been approved in all 50 states. How do you feel about it?

As you probably have heard gay/lesbian people have the right to get married in America now in all 50 states and they can no longer be deprived of it.

Do you support it or are you against it?

Where do I stand? I've always believed that they're people just like us and they shouldn't be deprived of something so simple as a ring and a certificate to represent their love for one another like everyone else. We all deserve to be happy so why prevent someone from doing so?
Interesting... So majority and it's really by a land slide of the guys are against this. While there wasn't a single girl that said they didn't approve of it.

I just want to thank everyone for sharing their opinions and insight on this topic. Regardless of agreeance or not. Thanks for letting us know where you stand 😊

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm for it. Religion was the only basis to deny non-hetero people to get married.

in my opinion, the "separation of church and state" idiom of the Constitution was ignored for the subject for marriage for a long time.

The approval of same-sex marriage on a federal level, is simply acknowledging "my bad" about ignoring the separation of church and state! :-P

• You live in the Twilight Zone if you believe that. Who has bewitched you? COMMON SENSE has forbade it. Marriage is about the chemistry and social/spiritual composition of MAN and WOMAN coming together to COMPLEMENT one another's natures, AS DESIGNED. Buggery is marriage in the way that abortion is parenting.

Since civil unions were already a thing, the only reason for the war on the definition of marriage - the ONLY reason - was to assault a religion with full-on war that did not ask for that war. The Cult of deSade started the Nazi Party in a bar. They eradicated the Jews because the Jews would not engage in buggery with the SS and SA. So they had to be punished. Christian Westerners liberated the surviving Jews from concentration camps. The buggerists reconvened on American soil and formed GLSEN/NAMBLA. This "Supreme" Court decision is nothing more than Sadeans seeking revenge on America over WWII. And now, the brainwashed masses have handed the Brownshirts an easy victory.

• Oops. Replied to the wrong comment. Sorry

• @ObscuredBeyond
      You accuse people. Can you prove it?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it is amazing.
    I wish for everyone to marry who they love, as long as the love is mutual.
    There is nothing more beautiful than love between to human beings.

Everyone should have the right to marry who they love, and love is the most pure feeling in the world, and it should be felt by anyone, straight or gay.

• Gay sex is nothing like a real family husband-wife love. Not even close. While many men and women marry for the wrong reasons, gay relationships are always more volatile and fickle. Gay-on-gay domestic violence is through the ceiling.

• How do you know what Gay sex/love is like?
      You don't have a clue dude!
      Stop acting like you even know, because people like you would never understand, that love has NO limits as long as it is mutual. The fact that you even believe that real love is restricted for men+women, shows how bigot you are. You know nothing about love nor about gay people.

Maybe a small percent of gays are promiscuous, so are a percent of straight people - but because they are gay, they get generalized And discriminated, as if they were all promiscuous. I know many homosexuals, both men And women who love each other And wants to be together for the rest of their lives - why should we judge them? Why should we be the ones to decide for their happiness?

NO ONE BUT YOURSELF, SHOULD DECIDE WHO YOU LOVE. LOVE WILL WIN IN THE END. YOU MAY BE AGAINST GAY MARRIAGE, BUT THEY WILL FIND OTHER WAYS TO FULLFILL THEIR LOVE, BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT REAL LOVE IS.

What Guys Said 27

• Pervert pseudomarriage will never be acceptable. Equality was never the goal. Being worshiped for doing the exact opposite of what warrant such was always their goal. This was always and will forever be part of an elitist push to turn the rest of humanity into human livestock. Sadean culture is Nazi culture is rape culture. You will all learn this when they make of you and offer you can't refuse.

Buggerist Jihad has won a major battle in the spineless, not-so Supreme Court. They will waste zero time inventing ways to punish those who dared stand in their way - ESPECIALLY the medical community that demonstrated science was not on the Sadeans' side. In fact, before the new "law" was even "passed" in a judicial branch building that has no right to legislate (read your Constitution!), they were already illegally punishing doctors for speaking out against the Sadean conspiracy, which will mean genocide for all humanity. Even recently in Boston.

Now, those doctors have been retro-actively denied justice.

• Two thumbs up! Way UP! 👍👍
    HIGH FIVES ALL AROUND!! ✋
    Woo Hoo!!😀

• I'm against it. My ideal is this
    1. How are they going to raise children. Even if they adopt a child, that child needs a father and mother for proper development. I grew up in a bad neighborhood. I have seen adverse the effects children missing a father or a mother.
    2. I doubt homosexual marriage will be used much or won't last long before divorce. Sex is one of the things that keeps marriages together. A heterosexual couple has oral, vaginal and anal sex. Homosexual has only oral and anal sex. I would imagine sexual boredom will cause divorces

• 1. Wouldn't that be the same as a single parent raising a child? Millions of kids are always brought up by one parent, including my brothers and they're fine
      2. Ever heard of fetishes? Sex toys? Any and every couple, whether they're straight or not could get bored with their sex life.
      Its not that I disagree with your opinion. If you're against it that's fine, but your arguments are just invalid

• 1. Your brothers do not represent the entire single child demographic. Most single children don't grow as well as your brothers. Drug abuse is one of the things that children of single parents get into. If they are lucky they will get away from drugs before it screws up their life.
      2. A fetish can be satisfied by anyone. That is not valid. Also, no sex toy can replace heterosexual sex. The warn intimate feeling of being inside somebody can't be replaced by sexual toys. Also, many married couples get bored with their sex life. Why else would the divorce rate be so high. Sex can't substitute for love.

• 1. There have been studies upon studies that have disproved this. I can cite you a few if you insist, but really a simple google search should be all you need. Actually, some studies have found that kids of same sex parents turn out BETTER than those of heterosexual couples.
      2. Also been disproven, and that's just ignorant as hell. God damn, do your research.

• Just following a trend seen in most of the world. It's expected that eventually even the most obscurantist places in the world will have to agree with it. It's the progress of humanism, rationalism and enlightenment.

Why shouldn't gays and lesbian have the right to choose to be miserable for the rest of their lifes, just like straight people are?

• I think the discussion is and was way too black and white and thus the current outcome will be ending up into something which lacks proper thinking it through.

Several issues I see with it:

1. Marriage in itself has always been a religious establishment. By making gay-marriage legal it's literally spitting on all these religions.

2. There are a few tax- and other advantages which are solely there to support the creating of a family aka child-bearing. Gays can't biologically get children for obvious reasons.

3. Adoption here is an another problematic aspect. There is quite a lot of scientific research on the absence of a father- or mother-role and it's harm on the childgrowth.

4. Further weakening institution of marriage itself.

5. Will churches end up - just like that bakershop - to be forced to perform such a marriage?

6. It could be a slippery-slope to polygamous marriages and other problematic ideas.

7. Ignoring the high numbers of domestic violence and such among gay and lesbian couples. That surely will become an even bigger issue with them marrying.

8. How exactly is marriage a right to begin with?

inb4 you homophobe / term of your choice which is meant to shame me

• 1. That's dumb as hell. You're clearly only looking at recent Christian traditions, because historically all sorts of types of marriage have been played with religion, including polygamy and marriages between adults and children. Plus, plenty of religions are perfectly fucking fine with gay marriage. And no one's forcing churches to do marriages they don't want to. Do you also disagree with interracial marriage then? Divorce?
      2. So infertile couples also shouldn't get married? Old couples? Oookay then.
      3. No there's fucking not. Actually, most studies on the matter show that children of same sex parents do perfectly fine.
      4. See #1
      5. No they won't. They're not even forced to perform interracial marriages. Do your damn research.
      6. Slippery slope argument is a logical fallacy.
      7. So police officers shouldn't be allowed to marry, since they have high rates of domestic violence?
      8. www.afer.org/.../

• 5. End up =/= it is the case right now. If this entire situation would have been thought-through, the law-making would have secured that point right away with "No church has to conduct same-sex marriages" or something similar. My point to begin with wasn't necessarily against gay-marriage, even though I don't exactly like it and would prefer an entirely different solution, but about this entire lawmaking-process being seemingly rushed and not thought-through due to a lack of discussion as well as very one-sided argumentations on both sides.

6. I am aware. Since that slippery slope wasn't an argument against gay-marriage, but against the entire process being not thought-through, my point stands and is valid without being a fallacy.

7. Once more you strawman my argumentation which was based on the entire situation being not thought-through rather than being against gay-marriage. Maybe you should improve your reading comprehension rather than trying to disprove a point I've never made.

• 8. Law-making is and always has been more rhetoric, policies and voter support gatering than substanced science. Furthermore those are just decisions of single courts rather than a proper argumentation of how exactly marriage is a right. A point and question which is essential to answer before making further laws around it.

To sum it up: You completely missed my point and even in your chain of argumentation you made several mistakes by failing contextualisation. I give you an F for your argumentation and an C for trying.

• I'm happy for the homos

But I don't think they realize what they've gotten themselves into lol

Let's see how those gay divorces play out, should be interesting. And entertaining

• It's a good thing to have the same laws in all states: aren't all Americans equal in rights?

• If two people want to get married to each other, then they should be allowed to. Who are you to intrude into their personal lives and stop them?

• Good for those couples

• It's a good thing that civil liberties are, all be it slowly, becoming available for all, it's a sad thing that this was most likely done for upcoming elections (felt like a bit of a rush job).

• Duude, I just realised I spelt albeit as all be it. wow.

• Changed my comment to anonymous yo...

• I have a simple motto in my life , " Who are we to judge for individual preferences".

I feel people have rights to do as they please as long as it is not something like killing innocent people or some crazy shit like that.

• Im not a huge supporter of same sex marriage, but I honestly dont care, it doesn't affect me

• It's really disgusting

• I'm against it like any reasonable person is.

• You're evidently not reasonable. The Supreme Court made the undoubtedly correct decision, as they were looking at it in terms of the constitution and legality. Your precious feelings don't matter. Can you even provide any argument against gay marriage that doesn't apply to interracial marriage? I doubt it, since it's pretty evident that all your supposed "reason" is simply bigotry in disguise.

• @cipher42

Marriage in western countries is a Christian constitution that's been made a governmental one by public parties that want to have all the luxuries Christianity brings without all the hardships. Really you shouldn't even be getting married as a non-Christian. Gays I just bunch along with that.

They got civil partnerships and that's enough from a logical standpoint, but from the illogical standpoint of "one group's needs are greater than another's (the beliefs of gays are more important than the beliefs of Christians)", it's not enough.

Great tolerance towards me there, though. Typical liberal response, really. "Everyone should be tolerant and loving of everyone except when I say they shouldn't."

• What even? All sorts of different religions have marriage traditions, many of them older than Christianity's even. So what you are saying is utterly ridiculous. Actually I would be completely happy if we just called legal marriage something else and allowed any two consenting adults to be legally married, while leaving it up to individual churches to decide who they will perform religious ceremonies for. But what you are suggesting isn't that. What you're saying appears to be more along the lines of "if my particular religious tradition says its wrong, everyone else should have to follow that rule." Do you not see how damn dumb that is?

• I'm fine with it as long as the government doesn't force churches to marry couples of the same gender/sex.

• I don't support it and I don't like girls who are going to down vote me for my personal , honest and valid opinion.

• Your opinion is not actually valid. Legally speaking, the SCOTUS's decision was entirely correct. You may not personally agree with the issue, but that's just too bad. Your personal feelings don't make their decision wrong.

Also, it's hilarious that your trying to use "it's just my opinion" to shame people for downvoting

• What do you mean? Where are two wrong happening? Come on now.

And the supreme court's decision is objectively correct. So your opinion is objectively wrong. Unles you can construct some amazing legal argument for your side, that's just how it is. Go research the difference between public and private morality, as you clearly have no idea how the government works, and that might make a good starting point.

• for one: i find it sick to see how a gay man acts... it's not natural! also, on a more practical side, it goes against god's design. i mean think about this: if god in-visioned homosexuality... then why didn't give give them means to produce?

• Yeah sure all people deserve to get married if they want. But that's not to say a church can't refuse to marry a gay couple. Just as all people deserve to get married, all religious organizations deserve to refuse to marry a gay couple.

• No one is saying that! Bans on interracial marriage were ruled unconstitutional almost 50 years ago, but churches can still refuse to perform those.

• It was about time that was done. I can't fathom the opposing argument even one bit.

• about damn time they did so people shut up about it and we can talk about something else

• Have you never read Michael Swift's Manifesto? Too much is never enough. They are never done. They promised us they were done back when Lawrence vs. Texas happened. To say they are done now is yet another lie. Hide your dogs. Hide your picnic tables. They've already targeted those things, and will continue to. Today's freak-weirdos are tomorrow's "civil" "right" activists.

• this the 15th time i have seen this post anyway very good initiative must say :)

• Since when? What's your source of info?

• No such thing as an incorrect opinion. You may not agree with it, but that's too bad. It's not wrong. It's wrong to you because you don't agree with. You're opinion is that gay sex is normal and natural. That's your opinion. Not wrong or right. I disagree. My opinion is gay sex is abnormal and unnatural. You don't have to agree. Either way makes no difference because people have gay sex no matter what your opinion or mine is about it.

But you asking for people's feelings about the ruling just to argue with them about it and bashing them for having an opinion on it (remember now, opinions are neither right not wrong) when their opinion. Does not agree with yours is stupid, juvenile and immature not to mention baiting and antagonistic.

Some people don't like gays or their sexual practices or their agenda or gay marriage or anything. They don't have to and this ruling won't change not one of them and all your baiting and bashing won't change a thing. Just like the opposite,

• Since today and it's all over the news... You should try watching it.

• Should have left it to the states.

• I don't agree with it. I will never agree with it. What people do behind closed doors I couldn't care less. But I will never NEVER agree with same sex marriage

• And I'm sick to death of people shoving it in our faces

• Exactly right kiler1000

• I'm with you guys.

• Don't care. Other people's relationships are the least of my concerns

• It's an absolute disgrace. What is the world coming to?
    Next paedophilia will be legal in all 50 states.

• You're being pretty obviously ignorant. If you honestly can't see the difference between a child and a consenting adult, I think you're the one who's got problems.

• Is everyone just going to ignore figleaf's comment? ... o. o

• I am against it. I think it deals a serious blow to the sanctity of the family in America.

• Do a search, this about the 10th time this has been asked today.

I seriously don't care either way. Let people do what they want. I just want to hear people STOP talking about the subject.

• Yeah i asked it as soon as it was on the news way earlier this morning. It's not my fault that people replicate questions or sone become popular and redundant.

• I just wanted know what people thought and whre they stood. You're right it's their choice and there's nothing we can do about it or deprive them of it.

I just wanted to see others opinions because not approves and not everyone is against it. I just want know where the GAG people stand and just gay people have a right to marriage as a humani have a right to ask whatever I want as one.

What Girls Said 12

• I absolutely support it. Just speaking from a legal standpoint, the decision was obvious. After all, the Supreme Court ruled that bans on interracial marriage are unconstitutional almost fifty years ago in Loving v. Virginia, and there are practically no arguments against gay marriage that don't also apply to interracial marriage. Considering the existence of that precedent, the correct decision was painfully obvious. Honestly it's pretty sad that it was even a 5-4 decision. You'd think the justices who dissented would know better than that.

• im surprised there's this many people disgusted by it. mostly the men lmao.
    i'm not against gays, i never have been, and i never will be. i "support them" i suppose. i don't do anything FOR them, like i've never gone to riots or parades, but i feel that they have the right to love whoever they want.
    love is love. they're humans. thats it. and honestly whoever they love and whatever they choose to do is none of my business.
    i think it's great for them. this is a big part of history, and it feels crazy to be living it.

• I support it to the max.

• "For they were, all of them, deceived..." - Galadriel.

You'll regret this support. ISIS is already on our soil. China is already itchy about that debt. The Rainbow Brownshirts have never had more overwhelming evidence to debunk every ounce of their propaganda.

And yet, the nation doubles down on its war on reality to support this self-serving band of Rainbow Nazis, as if we owed these pedos even one red cent. Make no mistake: the Crooked Rainbow is the new Golden Calf.

• In Idaho, before this Supreme Court thing was already decided, the 1.65% were already using their stranglehold of power via the fascists in the courts to make a beeline for ministers they knew would not bow before the Rainbow Calf. And they threatened those ministers to either conform their views to the Rainbow Calf, or go to jail.

The Spineless Court has now given the perverts carte blanche to place that same trap on all ministers in modern Amerika. I know some good men who will be wrongfully jailed because they will refuse an offer they (il) legally can't refuse.

• TPP has passed. The Rainbowshirts will not protect you; only fight you for more and more of what you have, to feed their indulgence a little longer. They will fight viciously when ISIS arrives, but ISIS will conquer them. China will invade to restore order - and collect the debt. My 2012 vision is just a few steps shy from coming true. And I do hope the tide is turned before my forecast is fully correct. We are re-living the Days of Jeremiah.

• It's about time that the US stepped into the modern world. It's quite an historic day, and people are celebrating here as well since Pride Week 2015 in Toronto has officially kicked off!

• I'm so excited about it! I'm glad people have equal rights when it comes to marriage now. This needed to happen sooner i don't get what the big deal was, it wasn't affecting other peoples lives so why couldn't they get married in the first place. But glad it has finally passed!

• It's about fucking time

• It's about fucking time

• Everyone has the right to do whatever they like. Gay lesbian bi or even pan. Everything is fine as long as you're happy.

• Yay, go gay/lesbian people :D i am happy for them

• I think that's awesome!

• Get married. Just don't try getting married in a church. I have nothing against gay people my best friend is gay, but just as you'd like to be respected for your way of life respect the opinion of others who don't agree with it.

• Totally support it and think it's awesome!!

• Based on what criteria? Have you spoken to any surviving victims of the Holocaust about their experiences with the SA? Because the modern Rainbow movement was born out of the SA. It's the same exact thing. Don't be played.

• Well my sister happens to be lesbian and is planning on getting married to her fiance here soon. Do I disown my sister because she's marrying someone who makes here happy? No I stand by my sisters side and treat her as an equal. I will always continue to love and respect my sister for who she is. I support my sister 100%.