Gay marriage is now legal in all 50 states, what do you think?

I think it's great.

Most Helpful Guy

• Since marriage doesn't mean anything in all 50 states what does it matter? They might as well legalize marrying a tree. In fact in one country I heard about a guy that married a video game character. In order for this to have any meaning, the laws between being married and cohabitation would need to vary enough to matter and they don't.

In fact the law typically makes it easier on people wanting to remain single if they want to sign up for government assistance. You can never be held accountable for any type of debt your partner has, unlike how married couples can watch their spouse die in a hospital, and then get hit with a huge hospital bill.

• It is a step towards equality, Gay people should get all the rights that straight people get, so it does matter.

• How education, healthcare, safety in the workplace, the growing gap between the rich and the poor.

What Girls Said 14

• I think it was absolutely the correct decision. Literally all the arguments against it I have seen are utterly ridiculous. Either they're not valid because they're based on religion, or they've already been effectively invalidated by the legalization of interracial marriage. Honestly, I'm just astounded that the decision was even as split as it was.

• NOT FUCKING AGAIN
    question about gay marriage being legal #346

• I don't care. Stopping people from being married isn't going to stop them from being together. But I think if someone didn't want to get them something bc they are gay they shouldn't have too. So I think they should have rights to refuse service if they wanted too. Bc it goes against the Bible to be gay so if the preacher didn't want to be at the wedding he shouldn't have to and not have to be worried about being sued.

• You'd be wrong because it's illegal to refuse service to someone based off of something stupid. That's like someone not serving me because I'm black or someone not serving you because you're a kid.

• @heavensgift2girls: no. There's a pretty clear difference there. It's discrimination if the person refuses to render services based on the person or people they are being rendered to, but is not when the person refuses to render said services due to the nature of said services. Pretty simple.

• Also the person the services are being refused to has to be of a protected class, to the best of my knowledge. So the denial has to be on grounds of race, religion, gender, or sexuality, and perhaps other protected classes which I'm forgetting.

• I think it's great. I'm happy for those people. :)

• I'm so happy! I'm not gay but I'm still happy that gay people can get married because I thought it was unfair that gay people couldn't marry.

• This question has been posted like 3 times... ugh. You peeps are driving me insane.

• Yeah me too...

• No, actually, the site specifically says not to ask questions that were already asked. M not saying that everyone is respecting that rule but it's still annoying.
      @LightsOff

• Oh really? Where does it say that?

• Cool, cool.

• I am 100% anti-gay marriage and the latest supreme court ruling in particular. For me its more so about the constitution and the fact that the supreme court does not have the right to enact law. That power lies solely with Congress. Additionally, there is the issue of church and state. This states that government cannot regulate any sort of religion and that's exactly what they've done here. None of it is constitutional and is actually illegal.

• People should have the right to love who they want. If it's you life to control that's one thing but no one group or person shod have a say in what a person does with there life's

• AWESOME, im straight myself but I love the fact that gay people can finally marry

• About damn time!!!

• my uncle is gay nd he got married

• Not this shit again.

• i think is a remarkable day for love. love shouldn't be judged. so im very happy.

What Guys Said 17

• 0|3
  • I don't know i mean i have gay friends and if they get married ill simply be happy there happy, my religion in some parts speaks against it so i can't full out support it or have anything to do with it, and i mean i have no right to condemn it.

I'm a Christian so you know "judge not lest ye be judged" or better yet

James Chapter 4
    11 Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of [his] brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.

12 There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?

so i guess there's my opinion

(grabbed this online so tell me if this is not 100% accurate to the KJV bible,)

• I don't mind.

• Once again, I am disappointed in you, USA.

• Yes because this is a law that will TOTALLY affect you and your day-to-day life... right? Psh.

• So how was I supposed to know you are an immigrant without even telling me? Telling me you live in the UK is not specific enough.

Do you think I can tell who's German, Italian, Polish etc by just looking at them? Obviously not. Besides, if you have such a problem with the UK then you are free to leave you know? ;)

I wasn't saying it's wrong but not everyone is going to have the same mindset as you. That's what you cannot understand. And you did not 'ask' me to be open-minded, you ordered me to.

And I am not offended by your screeches at all, so don't worry, pal.

• You are making a lot of assumptions instead of facts and then you base your whole arguments on those assumptions. Each country has it's good and bad points, i am not telling UK is a bad country to live in, and i am going to stay here for a while, but you make it sound as if the US is a bad country to live in which seemed to me as Patriotism.

Oh i am not screeching, you just can't hear my voice so you are assuming i am. There you are making ANOTHER assumption again. -.-

• I think it's great news, and long overdue.

• I think it's fantastic. Our country should not be ruled by a religion.

• I'm glad they made the correct decision, but very sad that it was made by a 5-4 margin. That the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court claimed that the decision had nothing to do with the Constitution, despite gay marriage bans being blatant violations of both the first and fourteenth amendments, is pretty depressing.

• i love how many people are doing this omg

I am in full support, seeing as I'm probably one of the guys who can now get married!

• That's cool...

• LEGALIZING SOMETHING DOESN'T MEAN ITS RIGHT.

• I was about to write the same.

• still, even after your argument... we are not all gay.
      so what's the problem? And besides, you know about sperm banks and surrogacy, right? A lesbian couple can get pregnant without having to have sex with a man, and a gay male couple can have children from a surrogate mother by donating sperm.

• - But everyone isn't gay so there's no point in talking about extinction. It's not a realistic future.
      - "Operate naturally"? Clearly they can't "operate naturally" if they're unable to conceive.
      - Women don't have to stick things up their vagina to get off, this is why the clitoris exists and it's on the outside, not the inside. And guys don't have to stick their penis into a hole in order to get off, either. And with this logic, wouldn't it be pointless to have heterosexual anal sex since you can't procreate that way? Or to have oral sex? Or handjobs? What a boring world we'd live in if we were only allowed to have penis-in-vagina sex.
      - Nothing is confusing about it. Two people get each other off without having penetrative penis + vagina sex. Is oral/clit/anal sex really that confusing to you? How daft are you? Do you even know what hypocritical means?
      Cars are unnatural. Phones are unnatural. Computers are unnatural. Yet you probably don't hesitate to use any of them.

• Don't have a problem with it.

• I bet Ireland influenced US.

• Not another one jesua christ!!!

• I am looking forward when they will legalize bestiality, pedophility too.

• I'd say we're heading the way of ancient Rome.

• Yea and we're getting pretty close, we even got people criticizing strangers for making choices that are none of their business.

• By your logic, we should have pedophilia and gladiator combat to the death as well.

• No, I'm saying that who fucks who has no affect on how a nation fares.

And all nations crumble dude, it's only a matter of time. The US will fall, Germany will fall, France, China, Russia, they'll all disappear eventually, but not because of who has sex.

• It's whatever. I'm Christian so I'm against it, but I guess they're free to do whatever they want. Just don't go crying to god when they're all in hell 😅

• A god who sends people to hell for being gay is no god worth worshiping.

• @Gooddog: That's what it says in the bible : )
      Also, there's always time to repent : )

• Doesn't matter either way to me, now they can have the some problems us straight people have and see what it's like