America! We now have #MarriageEquality in all 50 states! How does it feel?

• AH-MAY-ZING
  • FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC
  • Alright, I guess

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 26

• I think the discussion is and was way too black and white and thus the current outcome will be ending up into something which lacks proper thinking it through.

Several issues I see with it:

1. Marriage in itself has always been a religious establishment. By making gay-marriage legal it's literally spitting on all these religions.

2. There are a few tax- and other advantages which are solely there to support the creating of a family aka child-bearing. Gays can't biologically get children for obvious reasons.

3. Adoption here is an another problematic aspect. There is quite a lot of scientific research on the absence of a father- or mother-role and it's harm on the childgrowth.

4. Further weakening institution of marriage itself.

5. Will churches end up - just like that bakershop - to be forced to perform such a marriage?

6. It could be a slippery-slope to polygamous marriages and other problematic ideas.

7. Ignoring the high numbers of domestic violence and such among gay and lesbian couples. That surely will become an even bigger issue with them marrying.

8. How exactly is marriage a right to begin with?

9. What about non-gays marrying in order to gain benefits?

inb4 you homophobe / term of your choice which is meant to shame me

• Maybe now there will be changes in the divorce laws, because some time soon, women are going to learn what it's like when a useless bitch takes half of all her shit for no good reason.

• Now this is pissing me off!!

• It's good, I think the way they did it was weird, would have preferred an ironclad processes through the house and senate rather than an ampifanny of the law and civil rights by the supreme court strong enough to make 16 state goverments defined as operating illegally.

What I don't understand is why it's taken so long, and even now it didn't technically happen through democratically elected government but through the judicial system... the supreme court judges are not elected by popular vote, but by the president. Anyway the bigger picture is that now people will not be told who they are allowed to marry, above a certain age, just felt a bit sly.

• Doesn't effect me in any way shape or form. I do believe if people do love each other then let them be.

• The supreme Court overstepped its constitutional authority, not to mention that since the justification is "equality" polygimous marriages are now being petitioned in many states.

Congratulations, now soon incest marriages will be legal.

Hate if you want, I'm voicing my opinion.

• Meh. I'm glad they can marry, but I'm more glad that other issues can be focused on now.

• Ireland did it first.

• My thought is now republicans have no hope of winning the next election. I thought for sure since the pattern is usually republican, democrat, republican, democrat in history that republicans would take it next time, now they won't

• It's better late than never lol about damn time

• We still have a long way to go throughout the first world when it comes to gay rights, so it's nice but we still have a ways to go.

• World's still spinning.

• It's all good

• I think it will cause quit a few problems. like the lesbians who sued Christin bakers because they would give them a cake for religious reasons. there will be a lot more of that

• Admin this question has been asked 2000 times today. Read my comments their.

• I'm happy for the LGBT community, but that's all. I'm straight so this doesn't affect me personally.

• Same as it did before when we didn't. I'm not gay. Unaffected, i guess?

• Never was affected so I never cared, nor did I know that it was change.

I don't have anything against gays, it just wasn't my problem to care about.

• Why do I not have the option to block the Asker?

• Great. Now they should leave me to what I do. :).

• People think that this will set America on the right path but if your eyes are open this has basically separated America and showed corruption in are government.

• Vote D. It SUCKS! This country is killing itself day by day...

• Well it happened

• Good for them, but stop throwing it in my face already.

• Now gay people can enjoy divorce too!!!

• 2|2

What Girls Said 9

• Again? Seriously?

• The thing I worry about is that everyone is going to think gays are equal now. But trans people are still killed for being trans, you can get fired and lose your living space because your gayness offends your boss/landlord. Like marriage is great and all, but I feel like there are still more pressing lgbtq issues.

• FUCK YEAHHHHH

• Let the bigoted butthurt commence!

• What's the difference between the first and second poll options? Lol

• I like this poll LOL

• I think that America should keep its business to itself and stop affecting the world with their "#lovewins" annoying BS.

• Gay people can breathe a bit more than heterosexuals.

• Everyone has a divine right to be happy. Who are we to judge people based on their sexual preference. I have no problem with it because my mom didn't raised me to be prejudice of other people. I love and hate everyone equally.