Same sex marriage legalized. Are we all doomed?

• Yup... we are all going to hell.
  • Next thing you know they'll be legalizing incest and marrying animals.
  • Dear Lord... Save us all.
  • Other
As a christian I feel appalled by this.
Why are people being so rude... We have our own values too.

Most Helpful Guy

• It about time we leave the dark ages.

What Girls Said 23

• Well if you're saying we're doomed because it goes against your religious beliefs then toooooo bad because america is the country of religious freedom. It would go completely against our freedom if we made gay marriage ilegal just because one religion is against it

• Doesn't it go against freedom to put down the beliefs of one group of people so others can express theirs.
      Seems like hypocrisy to me.

• Thats like if one religion said "It is a sin to eat pizza" and they made pizza illegal for everyone in the country. Its not putting a religion down. I don't understand why religious people even have to worry if other people are sinning or not. If they're sinning or they don't believe in God then that's their problem, not yours.

• I don't know why people are stressing so. much about this. Gay marriage is legal for a really long time in the Netherlands and we're not fucked up either. It was time you guys finally legalized it.

• But the bible expressly forbids it.

• But then why should gay marriage be illegal? Let people who want to sin sin.

• Asker, would you stop eating beef just because Hindus believe it is a sin? No of course not. You're all about people respecting the rules of christianity and don't think about anyone else.

• Why does it bother you for religious that people of other sexual orientations can get married?

Getting married on legal grounds will not in any way concern you. All religious institutions like the Christian church will still have the way to turn away requests to conduct marriages on the grounds that they're not between a woman and a man.

• But it's a sin, you people are making a mockery of my beliefs and then ask why is it bothering me.

• are you beliefs in marriage, or Christianity as a whole then? It's not like this change in law will take away your right to marry, so I'm not sure why you're making this a concerns of yours.
      Seems pretty backwards that 'because of your beliefs', other people should be forbidden to do as they please within reason, even though it affects you in no way.

• I wouldn't we are Exactly 'Doomed' with the Gloom, but I see our country and its beloved Forefathers and its constitution, going to hell in a hand basket with Other things that probably will Supersede This with Something Darker and more Gloomier. xx

• Is marriage mentioned in the Declaration of Independence?

• lol.. No, but what I was trying to say, @jacquesvol, is that Worse things are coming and along with knowing this, this will be nothing compared to That. I am not prejudice, Lord knows I am not, just stating that our world, the Constitution, everything dealing with America will be going to hell completely in a hand basket... xx

• @Paris13

Don't be afraid to give us some details.

• Yep. Starting with you. God wouldn't want you to have to live like this. Why don't you join him in Heaven? We'll meet you there.

• Very classy. Making fun of my god and beliefs to get back at me.

• Religion doesn't give you the right to be a dick.

• And just a casual reminder that Jesus preached love. As soon as he came around, the Old Testament became invalid for Christians. Learn your catechism. You're being shown up by an atheist.

• I'm a Christian and I know that I shouldn't judge nor condemn any because I don't have a right to.

As a Christian, I want to help people (good people, though, and innocents. I have an issue that should be dealt with about not wanting to help repulsive irrational people) so I wouldn't EVER want to restrict other people's rights while enjoying something they cannot. That is wrong to me.

I notice that a lot of people like you don't put themselves in the opposite situation. How would you feel if someone restricted your rights based off of their beliefs? There are people in America who don't want interracial marriages to happen and that is just as disgusting as imposing your beliefs onto someone just because you don't "agree" with what they do.

Why are you in their bedroom anyway? Would you like someone to invade your sex life and make it headline news?

• Nope, it's actually a good thing. people get to be with the one they love now. If you are against that then it's cool, just respect their decision.

• Except their decision is disrespecting my beliefs.

• As a Christian I'm appalled by your question... let he who has no sin be the first to cast a stone, and aren't we called to love other people? Not very christian indeed

• I never said I hated them, they are a committing a sin and instead of guiding them to a righteous path we are doing the exact opposite and encouraging them.

• Exactly!!
      Why even post a question like this
      Keep your hateful thoughts to yourself
      Some people are more focused on the politics of their religion than being kind and focusing on their own relationship with God.

• Expressing my beliefs equals to hateful thoughts now? Religion isn't just about your relationship with god; its a way of living. The bible doesn't talk about sins and homosexuality just for fun you know.

• Pretty sure you're not doomed. If it's the God of the Bible you're worried about, He allegedly judges people only for their own transgressions. Why would he punish you for another couple's marriage? Not sure why people are convinced that one nation's step towards equality is going to damn their individual souls to hell. There is zero logic in that.

• As a christian it is my duty to guide those who have sinned to a righteous path.

• People scared of change, both religious and agnostic, exhibited similar concern when our country ended slavery, when women were given the right to vote, and when the Mormons built the city of Nauvoo. Now gays are being allowed to put rings on each other's fingers. Freedom and equality for all? The horror! Surely our country wasn't truly meant to be... free. Was it?

I do respect your opinion, so I should try to curb my sarcasm, and for that I apologize. You have the freedom to be close-minded just like they have the freedom to marry the person they love. I am a follower of Christ, and I am not gay. I read the Bible. I have no reason to support their push for equality; no real agenda. It just seems to me that the actions of Christ, as far as we know them, always pointed towards love, acceptance, and forgiveness. Nothing else. Not judging, not hating, not excluding, not oppression. The words of the Bible have been translated and edited and revised many times over thousands of years, so...

• Bottom line, I don't see marriage as a sin. I see it as a bond, a covenant, and promise between two people who love each other and want to build a family. How that would offend God baffles me a little.

• Nope, this country is moving forward and that a good thing.

• That depends on the perspective. No true christian is going to consider this as a good thing.

• Good thing I'm not a christian.

• The only thing that will happen, is that gays will marry, that's it. The thing that will doom us, is that there still exists fucking homophobes and horrible human beings, like you.

• Nah! America is slightly less shit now!

• All humans are doomed no matter what.

Same sex marriage doesn't change that. Just makes it so people can marry the same sex.

• The world will be fine. California did it and they seem to be fine. And who cares if we legalize incest, two legally consenting adults an do why they want when it comes to marriage

• I care. Any true christian will care. Incest is immoral and a sin, not to mention it can cause serious birth defects if the couple decide to reproduce.

• Did you know know the bible you can't eat clams, rabbits, camels, pigs, oysters and sea urchins etc
      We're also not allowed to wear clothing with tips or tears
      But let's be really you probably do all of those things so are you really in a colace in your life that your able to talk to others about their sins.
      Also about 90% are neck deep in sins so one more really won't hurt.

• No , gay people will just get married nothing else will happen.

• You can see the future. Thats awesome. Go win the lottery.
      pfft.

• Yes, we're all going to hell! Next thing you know you will be forced to marry a man!

• Only all the homophobics are doomed now, I guess :)

• like
    if you are really that devout of a christian
    then I hate to tell you this, but technically shellfish was condemned so if you've ever eaten shrimp you better say your prayers.

• If you have a problem with gay marriage don't get gay married. Simple as that.

• You're trolling right?

• No I'm a devout christian.

• Same sex marriage is a sin, you can't ask me to love something that goes against my religion.

• Im not asking you to love it but Im asking you to at least show a little respect. And again, only your God can judge remember, by being so resentful and judgmental you are going against your own religion as well.

• I feel that it's wrong because God does not agree with it. I'm not judging anyone but I believe in the word of God (The Holy Bible) Being gay is a choice. This world is full of sin and no one is perfect but by God's grace and love we can turn away from sin if we ask Jesus for forgiveness. This world is going down hill very fast. I pray people will see the light and except Jesus as their Lord and Saviour. Jesus loves you!

• No... People will carry on living life as normal
    Except gay people will be able to be married
    None of your business

Inequality is the root of all social evil

• This isn't about equality, I never said they deserve anything less than me. Homosexuality is a sin and by legalizing same sex marriage they are enforcing this sin. They are openly making a mockery of my religion and beliefs and you say this is none of my business.

• I'm not spreading hate; I'm condemning a sin.
      How can you be a christian watching your fellow man sin and doing nothing about it.

• @Asker, we've been over this, you can't condemn people for their sins, only your God can.

• What is wrong with all the people who say this is so bad. If someone loves another person why say that's not okay or "bad" it's not even your business! You should be over joyed that other people now have the freedom you have had your whole life.

What Guys Said 30

• Hell is being on earth surrounded by ignorant people who live by abrahamic mythology, and being victim to their opinions on things based on something that doesn't exist.

• Just because it's mythology to you doesn't mean it's the same to me.

• It's mythology by the definition of mythology. I don't care what it means to you because you putting meaning to something that doesn't exist. Then what's worse is that other people have to suffer for something that doesn't exist. It's bullshit. if Isis blew your brains out because it's in their "values", I'm sure you would be pretty pissed hey? Yeah.

• "Hell is being on earth surrounded by ignorant people who live by abrahamic mythology, and being victim to their opinions on things based on something that doesn't exist."

Lol, exactly that.

• The Apocalypse starts tomorrow at 3 am.

If it rains the Apocalypse will happen in the Omni Sports Hall on 18th street.

Reservations can be ought through the usual channels. War veterans get a 10% discount.
    No guns allowed.

• You are making fun of me aren't you.

• I wouldn't dare!
      Don't miss the show, it's better than the end of mankind by the zombie invasion.
      Real religion approved , with 20%
      more cruelties!!

• 2|2
  • found it strange the closest thing to a 'i support it' was the other, but hey. At least THAT was there.

• I don't care. If it makes many people happy and doesn't really ruin anything then it's fine to be accepted. Plus, we are in overpopulation. This could slow it down a little.

• NO we are not doomed. Is Canada doomed for having gay marriage legal for like 10 years? Is Massachusetts doomed from having it legal since 2004? NO! Our lives will go on as per usual for the sheer fact that gay marriage doesn't influence any of our lives. You don't like gay marriage? Then don't marry someone of the same gender. Live your life as you did yesterday. It's crazy to me how many people care so much about what people do with their lives with other consenting adults.

• Gay people have been living together for a long loong time. So Basically we just gave them rights for example: to adopt a kid so that it may have a loving family and I know gay people who are the best parents ever, why? because they will be afraid of prosecution and they have fought for this right for decades.

Christianity is the worlds stupidest religion along side all other Arabian religions why? they are intolerant as hell and IF same sex marriage upsets you but discrimination against a person just becaus eof something they can't help makes you no better than a racist so suck it up and accept the fact that there is finally EQUAL rights. cause merica!

• I live in Egypt thank god. at least there's men here not gays lol

• Look man, I know you're being serious with some of your responses so I'm going to be serious with you.

First off, legal marriage just as any other law we currently live under is man made, not made by God (to whoever believes in the Jewish/Christian God). What that means is that God has no inference to the laws of men, as men live by free will.

Second, the Bible predicts something called "period of apostasy" which means that societies will turn their backs against Spirituality, God, and their own human morals which will happen anyways, just as corruption of churches which is a ship sailed way long ago (again, to anyone who believes in Jewish/Christian God).

Now, you can be outspoken about your beliefs and you have total right to not agree with it, but by making a question saying stuff like "we are all going to hell" and bullshit like that you are not only ridiculing yourself, but also others who believe in the same spiritual/moral system. My 2 cents...

• So in other words the choices are yes, yes, yes and other. Are you serious? Incidentally why are you so appalled? It's legal, not compulsory. What difference does it make to you if other people can do something you don't like that has absolutely zero effect on your life?

• People like you should be put in some sort of enclosure where people could come to see you rant on about your views. I think it would get a good laugh out of people :)

And a big sign sayin:
    "DON'T FEED THE BIGOTS"

• Wow I'm a bigot... Your allowed to express your beliefs but I can't express mine.

• Oh sure you can, bu. not many people are going to agree or like it :)
      Might I point out that 3/4 the optional categories you gave people are about how gay marriage being legalized is a terrible thing. And only one that doesn't even necessarily allow for a positive view, only stating "other". You'te the one shovin your beliefs down thhe throats of others. I could safely sat that a good people would have chosen the first category because it sounds hilarious :D

• safely say* that a good number of people*

• Not everyone will be doomed, just Christians, Muslims and everyone else that disagrees with the liberal movement... It won't be long until every negative word about gay related things will be considered hate-speech, and boom there goes our freedom of opinion!

• If the world is not even going to end because of global warming, then I doubt that gay people getting married won't end the world either. Trust me, the earth is fine. You know you can just live your life right? You don't have to pay attention to this topic, you can just live your life normally. I don't see why this is such a big issue to you.

• No definitely not. I will never understand this line of logic. Supreme court says people should be able to do what they want if it doesn't hurt anyone -conservatives- "Oh the horror!". Also there being rude because you are appalled that people don't have to live by your values you theocrat. Having your own values does not equal getting to force them on others. You have no right to not be offended or to legislate what others can do.

• Well your forcing this on us Christians aren't you without even asking about our opinions.

• No, we are allowing gays to marry not to forcing Christians to gay marry.

• You have a right to your own values, you don't have a right to impose your religious values on others.

• But by legalizing same sex marriage they're openly making a mockery of my religion and beliefs.
      You can't shun one group for the good of another.

• Well in that sense I have the right to mock or criticize homosexuals for their beliefs as well.

• Of course you do, you just don't have the right to prevent them from marrying.

• Have you never heard of the separation of church and state? Marriage is something government shouldn't be meddling with anyway.

From a civil standpoint, people need to be able to declare their family associations, so you know who can see you in a hospital and who gets your stuff when you die. This should be arbitrary and completely outside the realm of the church.

Marriage, however, should be a function of the church and have nothing to do with the state.

• A true Christian loves and accepts everybody, your a disgrace to your own religion, making every Christian look bad with you misinterpretation of the Lord's word. You should be upright ashamed of your self

• I never said I hated them. Homosexuality is a sin and I simply don't want people encouraging it.
      The bible clearly says homosexuality is a sin in several passages
      Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."
      Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them."
      1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

Please don't make up lies to make me look like a bad christian.

• Love they neighbor buddy, that's the sin your breaking

• Yeah okay.. It's the end of the world dude...

• OH GOD! WE GAVE PEOPLE EQUALITY! ARRGHGHHHHHH THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN END.

Lord, conservative christians are the BIGGEST anomaly of our time.

• Not even trying.

• The world was doomed when gay marriage was illegal. What's to be scared about?

• Nice bit of trolling :)

• Expressing my beliefs doesn't make me a troll.

• I never said I wanted them to suffer. It's because I love my fellow man that I don't want them to be condemned.

• They are being condemned to suffering right now because of worldwide bigotry against them. Regarding a hypothetical afterlife, maybe you should let them choose if they even want to believe in that.

• The GAG has only now gay questions , gay problems and debates.. I think I should take rest for few days... from GAG.

• Girls probably will suffer from Dicks Shortage, and when they don't find a dick, they will become as hot as hell.

• we were screwed long before they legalized it

• I voted B, people are already filing for polygamous marriages in court and making a fuss over it.

• Other. Nope.

• I don't see why some people think heterosexual mariage is okay but homosexual mariage isn't. Just because you can't get your partner pregnant doesn't mean you shouldn't get married
    Personally I think marriage is stupid and pointless, but if anyone else wants to do it they should be able to

• Don't worry, once they experience divorce, American's will smarten the fuck up and have a total marriage ban for both straight and gay couples.

• And you're a bigot, by the way.