Should men marry American women?

Women iniatate approximately 90% of all divorces in the United States.
Women are more likely to have at least one affair.

• Yes, men should get married to American women.
  • No, men should never get married to American woman
  • Yes, men should get married to American women but only with a prenuputal agreement.
The data is the truth, just because you don't like the statistics does not change the facts.

Most Helpful Guy

• Laughing at the women who are calling you bitter. What man wouldn't be bitter after being emotionally and financially torn apart by such a gynocentric system of marriage laws?

No, men shouldn't get married to American women, western women in general. She might be a good person who won't use the law to tear you apart, but is a legal document necessary for your love? Is it really worth the risk?

• That was exactly why i asked the question. I should have only asked men because most women respond like that instead of facing the problem or telling the truth.

• I wonder if it's because they're emotionally invested in the hope of some sort of fairytale, perfect marriage, simply ignorant of the risk it places on men. Or if they're deliberately attempting to shame and shut down conversation on this to secure the benefits such a sexist system allows them.

I want to think it's the former, latter is an unpleasant thought.

What Girls Said 10

• 8|1
  • you sound very bitter

• Should anyone marry anyone, really? The divorces could be initiated because he cheated. You don't know the context.

• she will most likely cheat so you should have stated "she cheated"

• Really, your offended by ignorance. First tell me where you are from so this will be a level playing field. Then we can have a discussion about ignorance. But you better be able to back up your words with facts. Im not going to discuss your low self esteem or feminist ideology. Also, if you just start acting like a sheep and plagiarizing someones thoughts and words I will destroy you. Have a nice life and try having an original thought of your own instead of letting others tell you when you should be offended. Bye non-American woman that can tell me about American women. And just to save you time I will help you with you first response "I dont have to be an American woman to know about women's issues bla bla bla bla bla." Am I not the nicest guy you have ever met?

• Hahaha you think I have low self-esteem. How quaint.

• Yasss, American women are a diverse group of women.

P. S., I dunno if your data is valid.

• It's not 90%. Stop lying. You look bad.

• No.
    ------

• Lol, this question

• Not unless you are Italian! American women know what fantastic lovers Italian men are, and we're rather fond of that, don't you know? But if you are Italian then, yes please. We've been waiting for you all this time.

• That sounds like a great idea and I think you should encourage more American women to marry Italian men. You should know they are very traditional and believe strongly in gender roles. They will expect you to be like there mothers and if you are like that go for it. Just so you know I am Italian and my mother does not want me to marry and American woman. I will not elaborate but I will tell you to just open your eyes and watch the women around you objectively and you will know why she feels that way.

• Well, my husband is Italian, and his dear mother didn't want me to marry her son either, because I am an American. I gained her trust, though, and she has taught me so many great things! As long as I spoil her 'baby', the two of us get along just fine. She is very traditional and a very hard worker; I really admire her. My husband, on the other hand, is spoiled rotten lol

• Where are you getting this data from? The last two guys I heard about their divorces it was the males that initiated the divorce. You seem to be very bitter. I hope you are able to work through your issues to develop a healthy relationship :)

• I am just asking because all of my single friends and I were talking about it the other day. I have no reason to be bitter. I am just echoing what I heard from my guy friends. They all felt that marrying an American woman has way to many downsides. I am a serial dater and usually break up after the 2nd or third date ( most women have sex with me on the 1st or second date). So I see no reason to date long term or get married. Just a preference and no reason for you ladies to start name calling.

• I do not think two divorces is enough to draw an opinion from unless your are really close-minded. Why would I be bitter? My point is that most marriages fail due to women for various reasons. I think you are taking the question and statistics personal. If they do not apply to you then why would it bother you? And why would attempt to personally insult me?

• Every girl I meet no matter where I meet her is never said "I do not have sex unless I am in a relationship or in love" or anything close to that. I am not being facetious or exaggerating. Its sad really. To be honest with you I just attempt most of the time or come right out and ask if they want to and they always respond the same.

• Men shouldn't marry women because they are horrible creatures.

• Whatever dude. Do you honestly think people think you're a woman? Grow the hell up.

What Guys Said 10

• No, western women in general are spoiled, coddled, and sheltered. They've been told they can be anything and do anything their entire life and that they are special. That breeds huge egos and a sense of entitlement. Combine that with extremely sexist custody and divorce laws, and you have a recipe for losing half your net worth plus a portion of your monthly salary to a woman who doesn't care about you. Avoid western women. Not worth the risk.

• 1|2
  • "Lies, damned lies, and statistics" and all, but the 90% (well 80-90%) seems to be accurate. And the difference in rates of cheating between men and women is rapidly narrowing (for instance 60% of men, 45% of women admitted to cheating, though interestingly many men apparently considered a much broader range of activities cheating than women but there were no numbers for that in the reports, it was a footnote)...
    Regardless: In a lot of ways now I think marriage is dead. The only reason to do it is for the legal security, and the tax benefits.

• What reputable source did you pull the 90% from?

• just search it or open your eyes or don't I really don't care.

• OKAY ANOTHER WHITE KNIGHT/SIMP. I ALREADY HAD THIS DISCUSSION WITH YOUR FELLOW SIMP. JUST READ MY RESPONSES SO I CAN SAVE SOME TIME AND THEN THINK OF A GOOD RESPONSE OR PROVE ME WRONG AND RESPOND. IM HERE TO HELP GUYS LIKE YOU. SO PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT I SAID TO HIM AND YOU MIGHT LEARN SOMETHING USEFUL.

• First you can talk to me without using all caps. Secondly, I am not going to respond to you through another dialogue you had with someone else. Thirdly you don't sound American so how can you tell me about women in my culture better than I can?

• 90% of women initiate divorce? Hmmm... I'm rather skeptical. I'm guessing you meant men, not women.

• I am guessing you are a white knight. You know women know exactly what you are doing and it never works. She will always go for the Type A asshole. Just so you know that is me. Even when they say they won't THEY DO. Hell your 30 you should know this by now.

• Also, I am not sure if you are familiar with this user or not but he posts similar questions to this. I have had similar arguments with him before. So far you and I have very similar viewpoints.

• Maybe, I don't know. You didn't specify who the user is/was.

• Whatever you say bro...

• Yes man I was going to ask a question on similar lines. The diverse rate is so high their that it's scary. Marriage seems redundant in America

• It is a bad deal for the majority of me n with no real benefits. I think marriage for men and women in the US is a dying institution. I would say that if you ever do decide to get married in the US make sure and get a prenup. Also, if you want to have children be prepared to pay alimony and child support because the majority of marriages in America do not last.

• No, it's not worth it.

• Men should marry whores and love going down on them. THey are themo st fun.

• I'm ready to settle down with a woman for life, that's why I studied a career that would allow me to work abroad and meet proper family oriented women who understand the concept of commitment---something that has been out of fashion in the US for decades.

• I checked and the divorce rate for you is only 10 to 20 percent depending on which country you marry a girl from. I think that is probably the best way to go if you want a marriage and family. I do know that women from Russia and Europe are more like women from the US. Asian, Hispanic and Latin women are not even close to American women. Congratulations and don't let anyone ever tell you that you are making a bad decision. You can set back and laugh while you are happy and they are all miserable. I know I do. Most of my friends that got married in there 20's are divorced and paying all of there money to taxes, child support and alimony and they are all a shell of there former selves. Anyway good luck.