i see it as a win. im bi and proud and im so happy to be in this country right now. we beat biggotry and ignorance on the 26th of June and now we have equal rights in marriage. sure we still get evicted from homes and fired from jobs but thats the next fight. right now we can marry and be happy. whats your opinion?
Most Helpful Girl
I say it's about time. Marriage and equal rights for all.
To quote my husband @gray_sailor
- paying taxes at a lower effective rate.
- not being compelled to testify against your spouse in a criminal trial
- speaking for each others health and burial wishes
- inheriting each others property without the requirement of probate court and with no inheritance tax
- the right to be considered jointly when applying for credit
- the ability to the surviving next of kin when the blood parent dies - keeps remaining family together
- the right to social security survivors benefits
- the right to seek health insurance through your spouse
- the right to visit your spouse in hospital or in prison (even conjugal visits will apply)
for military members:
-the right to receive additional pay for housing your dependants -
the right to have dependants relocate with the service member to overseas bases
- the right to seek base housing
- the right to make use of base facilities including shopping, recreation & Healthcare
Gays & lesbians were never looking for rings or cakes... they simply wanted access to the primary way that adults provide structure to their lives. Now, in the US they finally have it, their is no trend, just normal life."3