Should I cheat on my husband?

I think id like to cheat on my husband. We have an amazing relationship and a pretty good sex life, but I'm just getting kind of bored. I don't get butterflies when he comes home, and I'm indifferent if I don't see him very much during the weekend. I think having an affair would spice my life up. What do you think?

Well that was a fun week. I never knew so many people would get so worked up. So I should clarify.
1. I would never ever cheat on my husband. I take our marriage very seriously.
2. This was for a research paper I'm putting together.
3. Thanks for your honest feedback.
4. Please forgive me for sounding like a bitch and lying to you all, but I had to make you guys think I was serious so that way I would get accurate responses.
5. I'm not a troll.

Most Helpful Guy

• Come suck my cock, and I'll give you a good fucking, troll.

What Guys Said 29

• Absolutely not

• You already know the answer to this question. Stop being ridiculous.

• Don't do it, you'd better get a divorce instead. I'd suggest you to talk to him about it though, there are things you can try to do to save your marriage.

• Hell no, you made a vow to him and you need to honor that. In no way is that fair to you or to him. There is literally no good that comes from it. If you are bored than do something to spice up the sex between you two. Experiment but DO NOT cheat on him

• Huh. Well, there's no stopping you if you do, but you'll have to live with the fallout. I won't judge you, you're a big girl and can make your own decisions. But I'm curious. What would you think if your husband cheated on you?

• I really hope you're trolling because if you're not you're an idiot

• Did you REALLY think you'd get positive responses to this question?

You can't be this naive or you are just trolling

• Genius idea except your husband won't like it and you could potentially destroy the marriage for this fling. I'm in the same boat. It sucks. That's why I'm so for open relationships.

• I talked to him about having an open relationship, but he's not quite ready for that. Three some is as close as I've managed to get him to agree too.
      I don't want to leave him by any means, and I dint want an ongoing thing. I just want a little bit of excitement in my life again!

• Your crazy that's all I can say

• I think marriage is crazy. It's just two different views on things.

• That's a really bad idea, and says a lot about your character and maybe he chose the wrong woman to marry, you say your sex life is pretty good and its an amazing relationship, then why do you need to cheat to "spice" up your life. why not spice up your life by doing something with your husband.
    stop fooling yourself.

• The fact you are considering this says you don't love him, just do him a favour and divorce...

• Um... who's doing who a favor? She'd probably make off with the house, the kids (if any), half of his stuff, and very possibly a generous chunk of his future income, all because "she got kind of bored."

I'm hoping this is all a troll post by some frustrated guy trying to turn other men off from women, but I've seen this happen enough times in real life to know better.

• That's his fault for getting married without a prenup in the first place tbh, I'm sure he'd be a lot better off of she were out of his life for good regardless.

• What you should do is learn to communicate with him better, and if not then divorce it is!

• Crap like this is the reason more and more men don't want to get married.
    Nothing is never good enough for you women. Just file for divorce
    if you don't have any feelings for him.

• No! Bad person! Shame on you.
    You don't deserve your so called amazing relationship if you are seriously considering betraying the one who loves you (and hopefully you love him too) break it up with him or talk to him about it. Don't just think you can act all "imma do the dirtiest thing you can possible do in a relationship." bruh.

• Hoes ain't loyal 😉

• Please tell me you're joking, if not then I feel sorry for him for having you as a wife.

• You don't think he thinks about sleeping with other women all the time? you don't think he is slightly bored with married life? yet he probably won't cheat on you.

• More proof of why guys have a right to be bitter these days. Look everyone. Drink it in with your eyes.

• The blunt me says... You are a shallow fool with low morals and i'm truly disgusted.
    How dare you... you need to grow up !
    Where is your appreciation for what you have?

• Have you tried spicing up your sex life with him first?

• 50% of your fellow humans did.

• No! Relationships are hard work and it will destroy your man. Dont be selfish and do the right thing. You said yes to him.

• I think that would be a mistake...

• You are gonna do a noble deed 👏👏👏👏

• That's none of my business

• Spice ur life up with more cock go on ur right u can ur sexy

• Nothing wrong in having fun on the side, for having some excitement in your life. People will say it's wrong and all but it's your life.

• I saw one of your comments
    "How do you know I don't deserve him? You know nothing about either of us, or the components of our relationship.
    He'll never leave me. I'm his only shot. He isn't exactly a ladies man..."
    what kind of ideology is that?
    wtf woman! you think that he won't ever leave you because you are his only chance gives you a right to be superior and do what you want in this relationship.
    I am not telling you that cheating on him will be a good choice or not because it's your life but doing whatever you want by thinking these kind of thing really does make you a sick person.

• smfh

Trolling or not, I'm too tired for this shit. Bedtime.

smfh

• I understood your feelings. You can cheat on him. Do without knowing his sense.

What Girls Said 24

• I think this has to be an online version of Punk'd with Ashton Kutcher because there's no way this can be serious. Let's see if I have this straight, because you don't get butter flies anymore when he comes home, you don't see him much during the weekend and you're simply just bored, you think that is a good reason to cheat?

There's never a good reason to cheat and that is definitely not a good reason to cheat. Sounds like just a bunch of excuses to justify something you and everyone else knows is wrong. So, the answer is NO! you should not cheat on your husband. Also, your last statement " I think having an affair would spice my life up. What do you think?" I think that's very naïve of you to think, if anything it's going to blow your life apart. Your husband will find out (because they always do), he will leave you and you'll be known as a cheat and not many guys are going to want jump into a relationship with woman who cheated on her husband because she was "bored". So, think long and hard before you cheat because you won't be able to take it back and you wouldn't want him to do that do you, don't do that to him.

I just saw you say to one of the answerers "you want some excitement in your life again". You want some excitement? Go to Vegas and gamble. Go Skydiving. Go alligator hunting. Go feed the homeless in Africa. Do anything you want, just don't cheat on your husband!

• I think you fucking suck.

• Seriously? I hope your husband leaves you first, you don't deserve him.

• How do you know I don't deserve him? You know nothing about either of us, or the components of our relationship.
      He'll never leave me. I'm his only shot. He isn't exactly a ladies man...

• @PrettyRican and that's exactly how it should be!! :

• Yes that is the way it should be because if you really love him you wouldn't think about cheating on him. Women get a grip on your self. Talk to him what is your problem?

• Pretty unbelievable you don't feel a slight flutter anymore so you want to fool around on your husband in hopes that you'll get a little fluttery feeling again. That's not how a marriage and long term loving relationships work. You won't always feel in love with him and he won't with you, because love isn't just a feeling it's an action where you put him before yourself and your selfish whims. Ever try romancing him? Make him feel pursued give him something to think about and want to rush home to you! If you don't feel enough spice in your relationship then create it, make him want you and only you every waking minute of the day. It's not just his job to make you feel loved, you have to put more into your relationship to get more out!
    I'm getting married in two weeks and I already get the concept that if you want a hot steamy romantic marriage then you have to turn up the heat yourself!! Keep things simmering!!
    Truthfully if you are that selfish then maybe you should see an attorney soon, so you can file for divorce and part on good terms at least. If you step out on him he will be ready to choke the life out of you, just as you would if he did that to you. Things are way different now, you're married, you made a promise to him that you would be faithful to him and only him.
    Sorry for the long rant, but people like you just make me what to toss my cookies!!

• The grass is always greener where you water it. Not enough butterflies and excitement? Create it. Don't just wait around for him to do it. Do something that will get his attention. Feed your relationship and it will grow.

• no you dumb bitch , you need to have communication with your husband. talk to him and tell him how you feel! spice up your sex life if you have to, try new things. if you cheat on him.. do you have any idea what that would do to his self esteem? stop thinking about just yourself ! no one in their right mind would respect you if you cheated. especially if your married.. omg what are you thinking

• I'm thinking you don't know anything about the dynamics of our relationship...
      Sorry. But I'm nit going to listen to a 15 year-old that has no clue how boring being married can be.

• Don't do it. That is such a shitty thing to do. If you want someone else, leave. Don't cheat. OR talk to your husband about changing the terms of your relationship to be open.

• I think she should just divorce him because she is not women enough for a marriage.

• That's the worst idea I have ever heard. Tell him you want to spice up the relationship instead of cheating on him.

• wanting to cheat on a partner is a BIG mistake.. don't do it

• If it's that bad why don't you just leave him? Do you really think cheating is worth it?

Think about your husband. How do you think he would react and feel if he found out? How would you feel if you were in his position and you found out your husband was cheating? Do you have kids? What would your kids think of you if you cheated?

• You're such a troll.

• Um, no. Could you tell me at what point this made sense to you? How about you see a relationship specialist? I'm sure your husband thinks everything is just fine. How would you feel if he stepped out on you based on your reasoning?

• He has stepped out before when we were dating, and it actually made our relationship stronger...

• @PrettyRican I agree. We have the same mind thought on marriage and infidelity. But she came for advice so I'm trying to understand why and where she's coming from with it. All I can offer once again is to see a relationship counselor before she does anything but it seems like her mind is set.

• Yes I do agree she does need help 😞

• I think you should tell your husband that and get some counseling. If that doesn't work then get a divorce.

• No you shouldn't what a excuse really? Come on now what ever happen to the promise you made to each other. In sickness and in hell and high and low to death do you part? Noooooo.. Its not right 😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞

• No, that's really fucked up. If you feel this way please do him a favour and end it.

• I mean.. I'm young.. I'm not married but I'd say definitely not, If you're getting bored with your husband I'd say try some new things together.. Go places, But if you seriously don't feel anything for him anymore, Divorce him. :/

• WOW!! Your young and you understand the meaning of marriage and this so call Women that is the one married is acting like a little girl. That's so sad

• I think you should both do something together to bring back that spark. Go back to the place you met. Have a date night and catch up. Having an affair could destroy every bit of love you both might have for each other. If your bored, be honest with him, but don't give up. You got married for a reason. Bring that reason back into your marriage.

• Please think about it. How would you feel if he did the same thing to you? You'd feel disappointed right? So its not a good idea to cheat. Its such a disgrace. Where the morals at?

• Sounds like a great plan.

• No, work with what you've got. Would you like it if he said he was bored with you so he was having an affair?

• Tell him just what you told us, and he'll try to spice up your life himself.

• No. Unless you two are already divorce

• Everyone makes mistakes, you just have to learn not to repeat them. Cheating doesn't help anything, you live and you learn. Being bored is a horrible excuse to cheat, if he's cheating on you or treating you bad somehow by verbally or physical abuse that's more substantial. But it want solve your problem, if you feel you've to cheat. Than leave him. But talk to him about the problem first.

• not a good idea.