Guys, if you married a girl and you loved her but years later she got old and not as pretty as she was when she was young?

Would you leave her 'cause she's no longer pretty?
Start chasing after young pretty girls?

Most Helpful Girl

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 20

• it's called LIFE - men and women both age after a while and no longer look like they are 20 when they are 60. Any man or women who gets married they years later chases a skirt or some young stud just because their partner isn't as hot as they used to be clearly wasn't in love to begin with and never should have married.

• To answer your question, I'm gonna quote one direction for the first time of my life,

"Your hand fits in mine like it's made just for me
    But bear this in mind, it was meant to be

And I'm joining up the dots with the freckles on your cheeks
    And it all makes sense to me...

I know you've never loved the crinkles by your eyes when you smile
    You've never loved your stomach or your thighs, the dimples in your back at the bottom of your spine
    But I'll love them endlessly

I won't let these little things
    Slip out of my mouth
    But if I do
    It's you
    Oh it's you
    They add up to
    I'm in love with you
    And all these little things"

In other words those little things ( the moment that we have together) are priceless and even if your appearance has changed, I'm gonna be in love with you because of these little things.

• I wouldn't leave, she's my wife and I'd still love her the same no matter how she looked. When you grow old together inner beauty becomes more important than outer beauty.

• That depends on the inner beauty. Getting married is like buying a new car. You like how beautiful your new car is, and all the potential satisfaction that comes from it.

After marriage is the daily usage of this car. Now reality strikes as you learn the true worth of this car. If this car reveals many flaws, the driver will opt for a new car. Take note that these flaws can never be found until you use this car for very long time.
    Notice how vintage car are priced highly for its quality despite being old.

To conclude, beauty does not last forever, personality does.

• We all get old. If the guy gets surprised cause his wife got old and less pretty, instead of chasing young hot girls he should go back to school.

• You wouldn't do such a thing?

• You seem like a good guy :)

• @HookingSwan hahahah thanks :)

Thanks @asker :)

• I would hope I marry a woman for something beyond looks

As long as we love our old fat ugly selves I don't see a problem

I won't be such a stallion in the future anyway I wouldn't expect anything more from my wife

• Not unless there was something else going on.

There are women in my life whom I remember from more than a quarter of a century ago. By and large if I regarded them as pretty then, I still regard them as pretty now. So, if I had married one of them then I'd be unlikely to want to stray now.

The exceptions are those who have put on huge amounts of weight. That would put a strain on relations.

• This song seems appropriate.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_1aF54DO60

And, my answer is, "yes, I will still love you."

• Β―\_(ツ)_/Β―
    Hard to say

• Well I wouldn't marry a girl if she's pretty. I'll marry a woman for the way she treat me and how good we get along. I won't be the guy to leave my wife for looks if I had one.

• That's why you would have to like her personality as well

• She will get old after years and not as pretty as when she was young... mind blown!

• Absolutely not, when you marry someone you stay with them until the end!

• that will happen sooner or later anyway xD if i really love her, that wonΒ΄t be a problem.

• Nope of course that's not a men's act

• That's a stupid question. Love is growing old together...

• Never do that if I truly love her

• Mens sexual attractiveness has a longer shelf life then women's. this I why the ideal relationship for me is a (when I'm much older) woman five or so years younger then me, so we expire at the same time or at least closer.

• Lol. Hmm mena and women maybe have the same expiration date. I just think that women have higher beauty patterns to fulfill according to society. Like wrinkles... In a woman its oh my lord. In a man, shows maturity and its even sexy lol. What a double standard

• I don't thinks so. A man that maintains his physique (a young mans trait) can still be sexually attractive into his 50's with effort. Earlier in life women have a huge advantage because of thier beauty but this is mainly determined by genetics instead of work done to maintain the body. It ha very little to do with society and much more to do with biological indicators of fertility and fitness.

• Married men don't get sex anyway, so it doesn't matter how their wives look. Marriage is only for masochistic men.

• Not true around my house.

• Oh come on! That is BS and you know it. There arr good marriages and bad marriages as everything in life!

• I'm happy for you, @BelleGirl21 but this question is not for you. You don't seem to age at all.
      @HookingSwan it's pretty fucked up here in the US, really. But I guess I should stop caring what other consenting adults do.

• That's why I won't go into a relationship until I'm older

What Girls Said 7

• This is why it is important to build a good career, be a good person and be a good mother and have children of your own. I know woman who got married after they lost their beauty or when they were older and no longer gorgeous looking and their husbands stayed with them because they did not marry them for their looks.

• Don't worry--your eyesight goes as you get older as well, so you won't notice. Treat her like she is always as beautiful as the day you married her, and she will stay that way.

• I've got news for you, guys age too...

• That's pretty much gonna happen to anyone who stays in a marriage. Everyone who gets old is going to get wrinkles. Everyone who gets old is going to get grey hair. If their significant other loves them enough, it won't matter to them. Not everything is about appearance.

• If looks are enough to make or break the relationship then you shouldn't get married in the first place.

• And it's questions/statements like these that give adults the impression that all adolescents have a maturity level equivalent to that of our shoe size.

• That's not something "sometimes" happens. That's a rule of our nature. If a guy doesn't know this, then he is an idiot.