Is it okay for the girl to propose to the guy?

Most Helpful Guy

• As long as she already knows if the guy wants to get married, there's nothing wrong with it.

I would feel amazing and would say yes if my girlfriend were to propose to me, but I'd rather be the one who does the proposing.

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't know any reason why it wouldn't be.
    It's actually cute I think and honestly women are emancipated enough nowadays to do that without having to be afraid of being judged :)

What Guys Said 9

• Yeah, it's the 21st century, you can do it if you want.
    I would prefer to be the one proposing, cause I already have an idea and I prefer to be the one surprising her and seeing her face while I'm on one knee... this if I ever get married.

• Sure, you CAN do but the real question is SHOULD you do it. And the answer is probably not.

• Why is that?

• Who raised you people * (error)

• Who gives a shit about day one? It's 2015 for fucks sake. The girl can do anything a guy can (in realistic terms). Who raised me? Realistic people that don't live back in the 1800's. So, yes, I am serious. @flutteringfeelings

• I think it's cool, yeah, but I'd prefer to be the one who asked her.

• I would think she was a keeper if this ever happened in front of my feet.

• Yes. Well, it is for me. I don't know how other guys would react but I don't see a problem with it. Why shouldn't the girl propose? It would be great!

• Hell yeass its ok

• yea sometimes us guys need the women to do stuff

• Why do women's stuff? Then be a women then , date a guy , play the role as a women since you want to be one so bad.

My point exactly , "women's stuff ".

And "proposing " is the guys stuff.
      Exactly.

• Yep (filler)�

• Yes, absolutely! Why not? This isn't the 1950's. I'd personally love it.

• Why does a century has to be involved , especially a century with more morals. You would love it because you're lazy ! And being a chicken. Man up !

• Main ones saying it's okay , are the ones who are single or isn't in a productive relationship..

• @FlutteringFeelings or perhaps you could woman up and stop being so sexist. You seem very touchy about this issue, did I hit your "entitled princess" nerve? You're brigading the whole comments section here. Scared that you might actually have to put some work into the relationship? There's no reason to think only men should propose, other than women not wanting to put in the work, or take the risk themselves.

Also, two of my friends are married because the woman proposed to the man, they couldn't be happier. Your argument defeats itself.

Funny how you want equality, but only when it's in your favor. You are a tumor on gender equality. Have fun being 40 and having nothing but your cats, because no guy wants an entitled princess.

What Girls Said 12

• I see absolutely no reason at all.. After all, I believe it is somewhat traditional for a women to propose on Valentines Day providing it's a Leap Year. :) <3 <3

• If you like her? Pursue her.
    If you don't like her? Don't pursue her.
    If she's the guy? Let her propose.

If the man is a man , no matter what century. If a man knows his job and spot as one , he will take charge and do what he feels is right. If there is a man & a women in a relationship , let there not be a man mentally acting like a child. I have no respect for a women who propose to a guy , and no respect for a guy who accepts it like it's okay.

It's not.

• How is it any different than a man asking a woman?

• That's why I cannot standdddddddddd people these days , when you compare time , you are trying to say that people in the 1950 had more more than people in the 21 st century. Because if you are telling me that's okay? Then if you were suppose to have a child (girl) and she goes over a 19 yr old guy house and give herself away to him sexually.. At the age of 15 ? It's okay? It's okaaaaaaaaay?

Because everything nowadays is okay , because it's the 21st century we should have closed minded people like you who has no moral. @maverickj

• Had more moral*

• I don't see anything wrong with it. If a girl wants to do that, cool.

• yes its perfectly fine

• She should probably talk to him beforehand, just to make sure that he's up for getting married. If he is, I don't see why not.

• Yep it's okay for women to take charge

• Yeah, it doesn't matter.

• I think it is.

• Yes ofc! go for it, surprise him :)

• Yeah if you want yo marry a whipped pussy boy

• I don't want to hear wolf howling because of you.

• its fine...