Girls, What would you do if you just got engaged... right after a close friend got dumped a week before her own wedding?

Naturally I'm excited and want to tell her, but at the same time, she's going through a rough time having called off her own wedding and I'm not sure if she's in a position to share in my joy.

Should I tell her anyway... or wait?

I would hate for her to find out from something as silly as a Facebook comment from family who already know instead of coming directly from me... but at the same time, she's feeling down and I'm sensitive to that.

4

Most Helpful Girl

• I would tell her, but gently mention why you feel sensitive about it and explain you wanted her to hear it from you. You can't beat yourself up for being happy, but don't gloat or shove it in her face. As long as your delicate she should be happy for you. It's not like you caused the break up or the negative things in her life. Try to make time for her in all of this too. Maybe have a girls day or night out with her soon or something to lift her spirits up.

What Girls Said 3

• Take her to one side say 'as you are one of my best friends i wanted to tell you this and i think with everything going on that it should be said between us... (bfs name) and I got engaged.

Wait for her reaction and if she's happy then just check she is ok. If she isn't reassure her you aren't upset that she is upset and she isn't ruining anything for you... if she is a good friend she will worry or try to act ok.

• It depends on what type of person she is.

Personally, I'm a jealous type of person, so I'd wait in that instance.
    If you are worried she may find out from others soon, then I'd tell her in a gentle way.

• Being a good friend, you should worry about how she would feel about your news, but in return she should be a good friend and put aside her own problems to celebrate your joyous times.