I am so nervous. it is so close. how do I handle this?

So I have been courting with my best friend of 6 years for 2 years now. We have always been with the intent to marry. Well now it is coming so fast. He is getting in the military next summer and would like to ask my parents for their blessing before he goes to boot camp. And then when he gets back from boot camp or soon after he wants to get married. Well yeah I want to marry him and really want to spend the rest of my life with him. But... I don't know if I am ready so soon but I also feel ready. How do I handle this how do I prepare myself? How do I help myself be more comfortable with this? I am so nervous!

Well... my boyfriend talked with my parents. They are mostly for it but also not totally thrilled.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you're not ready then wait. It sounds like you're both super young so it won't hurt to wait. You've already waited 2 years. NBD. What do your parents say?

• They Have Always Know It Has Been Our Intent To marry. He wants to ask my parents when he actually has a career plan and is going with it. My older sister and brother in law have our support.

• She will find a way... ill talk to my sisters

• Good plan :)

What Guys Said 2

• Just tell him there's no need to rush into marriage, as long as you keep building your lives together in the direction of one day getting married then it should be ok for him but you would have to explain it so he completely understands that you're not saying no to him. good luck :)

• Nerves are good, it means you understand what's going on. This is tacky but if you ever watched How I Met Your Mother, do the pro vs con list that Ted does. It sounds like this is what you want, but if you're not sure talk with you boyfriend.

• Lol never have watched that show.

What Girls Said 3

• Tell him you're still unsure if you're ready for a married life, to give you more time to think it through and be sure of yourself.

• The thing is I know that I'd what I want but I don't know if next year I want it. I was thinking in like 2 more years.

• A question... why did you wait 4 years before courting your best friend? You weren't in love with each other yet?

• He was my first boyfriend just as I was his first. I never had a crush before. We did not even think about more then friends until a year before we started dating.

• I am not going to stop him from his dream. It is not my place.

• My parents have known from the beginning our intententiins.

• I got married at 18, I have a beautiful 3 month old and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Being nurvouse is normal, I was too right before we got married.