Guys, would you marry a girl (that you were in love with and stuff) that just wants to adopt kids?

Like... se x is fine but i really am super scared of giving birth and I cry about it because I don't know if anyone will want me ever because of it. I will adopt kids and have a family but not give birth. Do you guys perfer kids that are YOURS or can they be adopted?

11

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm actually starting to consider adoption. All my life I've been dead set against having children. I absolutely despised children. They drove me insane. I couldn't handle them.

But lately... I've been starting to change my mind. Its as if some kind of fatherly instinct turned on inside of me, and all of the sudden i have this longing to have a child to take care of... but specifically a daughter. I know how ridiculous that sounds. How could a father only want a daughter? But I've grown up with 3 younger brothers all my life. I've always been surrounded by boys. My mom was the only female i had in my life (aside from other family members that i barely saw. This is the reason i always felt happier with female friends around, and the reason i long for a daughter-and not a son. Because i want a change.

Sure, it'd be nice to have a child of my own. A child from my own blood and DNA. But adoption is the only way i can guarentee that i get a daughter, and not a son...

What Guys Said 10

• Adopting is so great. There are so many children who need a warm and loving home, with two parents who would never even give them a hint of being anything less than a blood relative. :)

• yea thanks I'm adopted myself but im just so scared that my husband won't want me anymore because of this :(. im like... dreading the future because of it

• You are very welcome. And thank you for the kind words. It's touching to know how they affected you. I'm sorry you had to endure some of hate and ignorance of humanity at such a young age. I reported the worst offender, and now see his vulgar and profane opinion was removed. So I am at least thankful for that, and for others seeing just how despicable it was too.

• You are so selfish when and a jerk!!! What about the needs and wants of the guy himself? What if he really wants his own child? Its OK if he leaves her because of it! Why would you only consider the wants of the girl and not the guys?
      Even guys have their wants... We are not just providers... we got emotions too

• Eh, I guess. If I loved her enough to want to marry her, than I'd probably be okay with something like that. Plus, I'd probably convince myself that I could change her mind.

• Well, I would want to have my own children than adopt. You are young, your attitude will change. It may not seem worth it to you now but ask any parent, ask your mother if the pains of pregnancy were worth having a child. I doubt any of them will tell you it wasn't worth it.

• Umm maybe a problem for me... I won't be able to have my own kid and get to feel how it is make someone pregnant and have your own child!!! So for me it is 50 - 50

• I don't want kids to be honest, of my own or adopted.

• i'm not really interested in having kids [don't really want the extra responsibility] however, if my wife wanted kids... i wouldn't refuse her.

• What about a surrogate?

• Your parents are the ones who raise you and love you.

• No, I want our own kid.

• You're only 15 I think you might change you mind. Either way it wouldn't be a total deal breaker for me but for some people it might. A lot of people have a kind of biological need to have their own kids.