How do we turn America back to 1950s morality when it comes to Marriage?

Most Helpful Guy

• Read the Holy bible become strong in your faith and do what your forefathers did In the past good old fashion Christian people

• You mean get married but, while the wife is home, boink your secretary or a hooker or...

Marriage was just as fucked up in the 1950s as it is today. The only difference was that divorce rates were lower because women were willing to be second class citizens and live with the pain for the sake of the kids. Enough is enough they said and that's why divorce rates became higher.

• I disagree abc3643

• Thanks for MH

What Guys Said 15

• In the 1950's marriage was a great thing nowadays pretty much no one is worth getting married to. That is what I have personally experienced. How we turn it back to it being a good thing I have no idea.

• We don't

... filler...

• The reasons for the ideals of marriage and the atomic family of that time were largely economic. The economy has changed. If the economic conditions return to what they were it would be possible, but more likely there would be a new ideal which would fill the same requirements in a different way. That's how societies evolve.

• Why would we want to? Not everyone is a christian and not everyone thinks that it's the wisest idea to wait until you are married to have sex. I don't think I'd be very happy to fall in love with someone and be with them for years only to find out that they have herpes on my honeymoon night.

• When interracial marriage was illegal? Lmao

• You don't.
    The world changes, we need to change

• It's too late sweety, you women done fucked everything up. And don't even try blaming us men, it was feminists and their desire to destroy the Patriarchy that threw chivalry and marriage under the bus.

• Those values still exist in my marriage

• Well God bless you sweety but there aren't enough good women to go around anymore. They've all been drinking the koolaid too long and us men have been having to outsource our wives for a while now.

• How do we turn America back to 1776s understanding of freedom and the idea of limited government intervention in stuff?

• So that women could sit around at home and do nothing while the work horse is away providing for the family all by himself?

• it shouldn't.

• We need to be able to remove the political correctness road blocks in order to be able to properly educate people.

• Why do we need it like the 1950s?

• Yes you can, please Turn on your TV.

• I wish I knew how, but I guess we just need to fight and stand for traditional marriage, no matter if we get sued, ridiculed and bullied in the process!

• You can't go back... It's 2015. And while going through next years, it will be worse. So we just need to go in good way, have good friends, etc.

What Girls Said 10

• Oh! The same 50s where it was illegal for two people of the same gender or two people of different races to marry? The 50s where marital rape was legal? The 1950s where married women rarely were allowed on mortgages or keep a bank account?

Well gee! Doesn't that all just sound swell.

You have the right and choice to live your marriage as you and your spouse like. Don't take those rights and choices away from others.

• Spot on. Why on earth would we want to go back to that?

• @GirlScoutsRevenge

All I can think is that someone is living and thinking very selfishly and narrowly and buying hard into the nostalgia bs

• Why would we want to?

And here's the thing: If you want a 1950s marriage, go ahead and have one. I'm sure you can find a guy who wants the same thing.

But don't force your views on morality and marriage on the rest of us.

• Why should we?
    Just find a guy who treats you how you want to be treated. Make in known waaaay before marriage.

Lame ass problem.

• You don't because we are adapting and trying to complete millennium goals like an evolving species should do.

• I dont believe in evolution

• Well there is your problem right there. To be clear I didn't necessarily mean the monkey to man kind of evolution but rather the evolution of our society and our brains.

• Why on earth would I want to go back to a time with less options? What if I don't want to wait till marriage because I don't even believe in god and just want to have a normal, sexual long-term relationship because I don't feel like marrying the first man that I ever dated?

• ... Nuke and start again?

• by turning back the clock

• I don't see why you want to.

• So you want everything to go back to where it was normal for 12 year olds to get married and have kids? I realize that was a but before the 50s, but it wasn't too long ago!

• In the 1950s, a lot of people were in loveless marriages and were no more than roommates raising children together because women had very limited options. Not to mention marital rape and spousal abuse were fully acceptable back then. Teenage girls who became pregnant were either kicked out, forced into marriages, or had their babies taken away from them. Interracial relationships were illegal and people of color were segregated. The 1950s were not that great despite what those nostalgic baby boomers say.