Are teens ready for marriage?

The way American society is do you really think that these teenage KIDS are old enough or mature enough to get married and have it last longer than a year?

Don't give me "maybe for some" just a yes or no.

Most Helpful Girl

• HELL NO!

as much as we think we know what we want we dont!

we think we are mature but we are not!

you are mature once you have stepped out into the real world...

and most teens have not!

What Girls Said 9

• Some are. Most aren't. I can't give you a definitive yes or no because neither of them are correct answers.

• Maybe a small number but for the majority, I think the answer is "no." They still have a lot of living to do as well as maturing. They will find that they will change as people as they approach their 20s and 30s. Therefore, their needs, wants and desires might change in a potential partner and relationship. In addition, they might feel trapped after awhile or have regrets that they didn't date more or enjoy their youth, maybe it was clubbing, partying, traveling, etc. Marriage is a life long commitment and not something you decide to end after 3 years because you get bored or tired of it.

• Well, being a teen myself, I know the answer to this one is NO! I know all my friends want to go out and have fun with there friends and we aren't ready to be married. I think its stupid when I go to school because I do see highschoolers married and they never look happy. I think its one of the dumbest things you can do.. along with going out and getting pregnant.. I just don't think we have the money, time, and responsibilty to be getting married so young.. If we really love someone enough to marry them.. What's a few years to wait then? I just think we try to grow up to fast now.. But we really can't handle being married so young.

• I don't agree with anyone getting married when they are teenagers. No one is emotionally mature enough for that stuff.

• I don't know who was stupid enough to down arrow you.

• Its not that I like your Opinion or not, its just that not all teenagers are the same.

• No they aren't but I still believe no one that age is ready for marriage. That could be why the divorce rate is so high.

• I think this is funny, considering the fact that one of my friends, who has been married for just a few days over a year, is getting a divorce, but she only dated him 6months before they got married.. ding dong!

I think it depends on the relationship, my boyfriend and I have been dating for two years, we love each other and hopefully in a few years will be able to afford the responsibilities that go along with a married life.

• NO! All of them don't know what being responsible means!

• I don't mean to sound mean when I say this, but no, I don't think they are ready. There's much more to marriage than they even realize, I'm certain, and they still are growing up. I doubt most of them can handle any problems or issues that might arise in the future in a mature matter, either.

• i would say Yes! but def not all of them. for example am engaged to a 23 years old and am only 18. we getting married in 3 months.

• And you think that's a good idea, to get married before you can even legally drink at your wedding?

• Ok thanks.

• Knocked up and a shotgun wedding?

Those things happen indeed.

• it's kinda lame to put this in a black and white perspective of either yes or no.

obviously not all teenagers are the same. so yes some are mature enough. some aren't. simple as that. way to generalize.

• Its kinda lame that you are too afraid to give a general answer.

• I guess I shouldn't have answered if I have and opinion other than yes or no. :/

• I agree with you girl.

What Guys Said 6

• Teenage = not adult.

It takes adults to undertake the responsibilities of marriage, getting kids and raising them.

Children having children is a very bad idea.

Thus:

NO !

• No. Most are not mature enough for it. That's probably why the divorce rate is so high.

• its a stright up NO for me because a majority of teens are not just not mature/ready engough for marraige at all..

• They are not even close...

• No.

• No