Why is marrying a pretty woman almost a competition for guys an is it the same for woman when finding a husband?

I work on site with a crew of 46 guys and they brought up how pretty ones guys was then the other showed pictures if his wife and everyone was congratulating him. I'm single but same has happened to me my married friends will congratulate me when they see me with a beautiful girl (their wife's aren't attractive in my opinion).

i work a lot right now paying off student loans and returning back to school so I don't see myself dating for another 3 years. But right now I'm dieting right now and weight lifting so when I do decide I have more free time I will be more attractive and hVe more self confidence. Something I ah struggles with when I was younger even though I dated beautiful woman, I always wondered why they were with me... I never thought I it but is who you marry a competition well at least for guys?

Most Helpful Girl

• That's so shallow... Men don't brag about their wives being smart or hardworking or good mothers. All y'all ever care about whose wife looks better. Yuck! I understand the pride in ones partner yet there is far more to a woman than looks. The kind of women you are talking about are called " trophy wives". Luckily not every man wants one.

Most Helpful Guy

• Because young men will never learn. My wife is above average looks but far from the best looking women I ever dated who would have married me if I asked. She is also far and away the best in every other way. After three years of marriage you won't even notice how she looks but all the other stuff about her will still be there.

Old (pseudo) Chinese Proverb

You want to be happy for the rest of your life? Never make a beautiful woman your wife.

• Lol or dating them I felt insecure because I was out I shape but that pailed in comparison compared to how insecure and crazy they are for being gorgeouse.

What Girls Said 1

• Its not the exact same women look for a man who will be a good provider and who is strong mentality and physically. A hot woman encourages a man to procreate by his desire to bang her hard and often. Would you want to sleep with a fat ugly mess?

• I've seen some cute and beautiful girls some with some questionably ugly. But guess it could win both ways

What Guys Said 2

• I think it is because women's and men's priorities vary when finding a partner. While women might value profession, social status and personality more, guys tend to care more about looks. This is why you will see a hot girl with an ugly guy more often than vice versa.

• I think it's like

I might be way out of my league