Why is there so much animosity against men and women waiting for marriage?

I have no problem with their values or strong beliefs, I think its amazing. I hear a lot from other people that they are very outdated a. k. a. oldfashioned but in my opinion... Why does it matter, its not their lives, its the person who has taken this oath. Like how this world is evolving today with all new possibilites and acceptance they should be treated the same way with respect and admiration. I always have been told what you don't know you can learn. If you Love someone you will try... thanks S.

I am saying that a lot of people are against it, which is total BS. For they are looked at more as dysfunctional people more than being like everyone esle. I care because, this world needs people like me, if more people listen then we wouldn't be having all these problems. I just want the criticism to STOP, THIS WORLD WASN'T MADE FOR JUDGEMENT, IT WAS MADE FOR PEACE! Stand Up and Believe, IN THE EQUALITY OF EVERYONE. Peace!!!

Most Helpful Guy

• First I applaud your compassionate heart. Second I have to oust your views as idealistic. Society changes because of controversial opinions and persuasion. Sometimes the persuasion is done rudely but your options are either allow for rude persuasiveness or disallow opposing the status quo. People disagree with abstinence for the reasons you've already stated. It's a practice that is old outdated and stem from arbitrary and awkward beliefs about the world. There is nothing truly gained from waiting other than ignorance. You're ignorant of what it feels like to have huge regret after sex (even with those you thought you loved) that is until you've already been bound to this person for life. You're ignorant of what good and bad sex for you feels like because you've never experienced sex with anyone but this person that you've been bound to for life. You're ignorant of how much having the right sexual partner can make a difference because you only experience this one person. You're ignorant of your own sexual desires which may never have a chance to be explored now that you're married. Also if you're for waiting you tend to avoid those with more sexual experience limiting your sexual knowledge and dating pool. And what do you gain from this ignorance? Most of the time the benefits are linked back to God but what happens if you stop believing in God? So what about the benefits that don't involve God? Are there any truthfully? I guess you don't have to worry about your partner leaving you over bad sex... but I guess they still can. But at least your first time will be special which I guess doesn't guarantee it won't be bad though. Maybe you get the benefit of knowing they love you first... unless they only married you because it was the only way they thought they could have sex and you were good enough. To be honest I couldn't find any positives that were logical instead of cultural. Maybe you can. But either way people converse and persuade and just like there was animosity to those that had premarital sex at one time now there is animosity towards those that don't. And now those that felt they were in the right are feeling the shame that was thrown on those once treated as in the wrong. To be honest though there's never been a culture devoid of premarital sex just those that shamed it. Its your choice to have sex or not and I'm not gonna mock you for doing one or the other but I do gave an opinion. It's not a perfect world but it is still overall a good one.

Most Helpful Girl

• Those people are allowed to have the opinion that marriage is outdated. You don't have to agree and that's fine. On the flip side, why does it matter to you if it does that those people don't agree about what you think about marriage? You're both allowed to have differing opinions.

I know a nudist who believes that due to the original institution of marriage and women were essentially treated as cattle, even though it has changed, it's still sexist. He's male just to clarify. He even thinks that women changing their name is sexist. He's free to have his views as are you.

What Guys Said 6

• Honestly, I don't get it. A lot of people, today, are extremely quick to judge. I don't hate on people who wait for marriage any more than those who don't. I don't hate on straights any more than homosexuals. I don't see the point in judging people for their choices. They're free to make them. Do I think there are good and bad choices can make? You bet. Do I worry for them when they make a choice that I feel like isn't good for them out of genuine concern for them? You bet. Am I going to judge them for it? No. It's childish and irrational to do so. If you're waiting until marriage, I say good for you! It's not something easy and I'm glad that you have made a choice that works for you and are sticking with it.

• Because of the implied moral judgement. Why the fuck should I "admire" someone who waits to have sex? No, I will not. I admire people who go to Africa and feed starving kids. That sort of thing.

When you praise people who wait to have sex, you define it as something good, so obviously, not waiting must be worse in some way.

But what the fuck gives you the right to judge the sexual behavior of other people?

• There is nothing outdated at all about waiting until marriage to have sex. If you check the stats it works. The only people that call it outdated are one that want to justify having sex outside of marriage.

• I am a proud virgin saving myself for marriage... Sex isn't just phycical, its emotional psychological and sometimes spiritual...

• Awww, a romantic about human society.

Well, welcome to the reality ma'am.

• No animosity from me, I just don't get it...

What Girls Said 1

• There entitled to their opinions even if they are wrong. Good for you for saving yourself for marriage thats what my husband and I did, it wasn't easy there was a lot of cold showers. After the wedding ceremony I lost my virginty in the back of the limo on the way to the reception, it was so hot he just had to have me. My advice is not to wait five years to get married.