Would you rather marry before 30 or after?

I'd like to marry between 21-25.

• I want to marry before 30.
  • I did marry before 30.
  • I'd rather marry after 30.
  • I did marry after 30.
  • I never want to get married.

Most Helpful Guy

• Biologically? Prior to 30.
    Practically/financially? 30 or after.
    Intelligently? Never.

What Guys Said 24

• I'm of two minds here...
    on one hand getting married before 30 means you can spend more time establishing your life so by the time you're in your 30s or 40s your domestic life should be pretty well built. you can choose to have children earlier in life OR wait til you're older.
    however on the other hand being single means that you get to do more self discovery, travel, experience, and other things that may be easier to do before you're married and having children.

So I think I prefer getting married after 30 or at least later in my 20s

• Well yea I guess its best to find yourself first

• Who says you can't find yourself WITH the girl of your dreams? lol I wouldn't mind either way, I certainly wouldn't have kids till later tho, id wanna get married b4 30 tho fo sho

• well at 24 I was dating someone and thought I was in love and thought I wanted to marry them. sure you can "find yourself" while in a relationship but often it's easier while single rather than married, in the case that the person you find yourself to be isn't the person you were when you got married.

but obviously everyone is entitled to their own feelings it was just my opinion... which apparently my opinion really offended someone since I got a thumbs down

• I did marry after 30 but doing it over again, I'd marry before 30. Too many lost years.

• I voted for E but would cohabit and have kids

• I definitely want to marry before 30. Either by 25 or before.

• I don't think people should get married unless they are 100% independent which most men and women in their early, mid, and even late 20's are not.

• excellent observation, Octavius

• Thats true but I don't know

• I always swore I wouldn't get married until I had my own life in order first. I think that's super important because the number one cause of marital discord, and thus divorce, is financial problems.

• Considering I'm 33 and am no closer to being married today than I was at 18, 21, 25, or 30... Im gonna go with option C. :))

• I'd kinda like to marry by 28 at the latest.

• I'd probably be giving up once I reached 30... Lol

• Your profile says you're 28 so... if you're not even dating anyone at this point guess you're giving up then?

Seriously though - what is with all the people answering here who seem to thin 30 is old?

• Yes you understand me :)

• You bet. :)

• I went for the last option.

Never ;)

• well since I'm 30 now and will be 31 this year within 4 years.. my girlfriend is 10 years younger then me however but i get she wants to get married within 5 years.

• I'd like to marry before 30. Around mid 20's particularly.

• Me too :) mid twenties maybe

• Yeah, I live in a family of young families. My parents married at both 22 years old and then my mother had me when she was 23. :P

• Yea my parents were engaged like 21. She had me at 22, but they never married due to my grandmother. Thanks Grams 😇 Nahh let me stop lol

• If I do get married, now would be the perfect time.

• Before 30 will be difficult the chance to marry before the end of the year is reallly small

• I think marrying age 30 is a good age to get married and decide on whether you want kids or not.,

• What if the girl won't be as fertile? Its nt really safe to have kids after 34 as well

• Im not saying its a dealbreaker. I want kids more than anything. Adoption is fine but I'd still love to try having at least one on my own

• Yes i agree with you it's hard

• After 30... now that my ship has sailed :S

• What do you mean now that your ship has sailed

• Because I thought I'd married at this point, but I'm almost 30 and I don't see it happening any time soon.

• Regardless of what I want, at this rate I'll be married after 30, if ever.

• You're 27! Who knows what could happen in the next year or so :)

• If past behaviour is best predictor predictor of future events then nothing will happen this year. Plus, my brother met his fiancee when he was 27 and will be married at the end if August, at the age of 30. However, if by some freak occurrence, I meet my future wife this year, the odds of me marrying her before the age of 30 is ridiculously slim because I like to take my time.

So despite your optimism, the reality is that I will be married after 30, if ever.

• Definitely after.. I'm already 21, how the fuck should I marry in 9 years :P

• Really dude...

• Also why not marry someone you love after just one year instead? Why wait FOREVER? lol

• Because relationships tend to change A LOT after couple years. Life events like new job, family decisions etc. If I dedicate for the rest of my life, I want it to be stable.

• not sure if i do... just something soceity says.

• Getting married is not one of my plans.

• Marrying young and having a family before 30 is my preference actually. So yes.

• Ugh, what's up with all these women wanting to get married before 30? I'll wait well after 30 thank you very much...

• WHY? I want to get married before 30 when Im young and still pretty, I don't wanna wait til im fucking 50 and ancient like my mom did...

• but regardless of still being pretty after your 30, there is a certain female mindset that we grow up with where you find the guy of your dreams and you get married in your 20s and you FEEL in your prime and at your prettiest, after 30 it just seems well... not as good, its hard to describe :/

• Well considering I'm almost 30 and I look way better now than I did when I was 20... I'm calling BS on the "still young and pretty" thing. Women in their 30s are hot! They tend to be a lot more confident and that vibe is very sexy.

• 30 is old, my great grandfather got married at 14!

• Lol I wouldn't say 14. Maybe 21 at the least haha

• It seems strange how times have changed, and my grand mother, his daughter got married at 16.

• Yeah, most girls want marriage before 30 because then they know for sure that they will still be fertile. As we age, we start to lose potency

• Omg yes exactly! I want kids before 30 as well

• WOW so cynical, its an act of love for someone else

• You shouldn't have to

• I think placing an expectation age wise on when I'd like to be married is just adding unnecessary pressure to myself. I want to get married to someone I love at a time when I feel comfortable to make that commitment. My age doesn't matter. And to be honest I think it wouldn't matter to anyone else if society didn't stigmatize those who married late. We'd have a lot less divorces if people didn't feel pressured to jump into marriages so quickly.

• I dont feel pressured. I just want kids while still fertile. Im not rich like a celeb who can do in-vitro at any time

• Yea I would definitely adopt if I never got married or could afford invitro fertilization

• *couldnt*

What Girls Said 18

• Well, considering I'm 29 and only 6 months in with my boyfriend, there's simply no chance I will get married before I'm 30 lol. That said, I never really cared - all I care about is marrying the right person. I think if I was still unmarried at 40 that might bother me, but not 30.

• I want to get married about 25.

• Definitely before 30. 23 would be like perfect :)

• I actually got married last year at the age of 24 years and 4 mths old! :)

• Seeing as I have about 5 months til I turn 30... I will say after.

• I'd want to get married from about 24-30

• I wanted to be married before I turned 30 but I don't see it happening.

• You still got a year or two to make something happen :)

• Well I'd want to be dating the guy for awhile. And engaged for at least a year. And seeing as how I'm single and 2 and a half years away from 30, the chances are slim lol.

• Before 30. In my late twenties

• Yes :)

• Lol Imm actualy opposite. I want my boys to be younger than my girls haha. SUV is fine. I like Tahoes and all that. Minivans are just no though, unless it something cute like thw Odyssey

• Nice :) I like Odyssey

• Before 30, of course.

• i wish i got married in my late 20s. didn't happen. whatever. i'd rather not think about it anymore.

• After - before is too early for me personally.

• I would like to marry at 30.

• Lol not before, not after... But AT 30 lol okay

• Hmmm Not really sure but I would prefer to get engaged in my late 20's like age 28 at the earliest.

• The earliest? Lol well at least its before 30

• before 30 for sure!!

• After or never

• If I do get married (and I'm not sure I will), it will be close to 30

• Definitely before :)

• I want to live my life on my own before i get married. After 30 sound great to me