Girls, would you marry a guy who is very well off but isn't around much or some one much less wealthy but around more often?

So I have a two roads I can take in my career either use the contacts from my former work and finish school and work abroad at least 6 months out of the year all over te world in remote drill sites and military contracts. Making very good money to were I could buy anything I've ever really wanted but be away from home for over half the year
or I can finish school not use my contacts and stay state side not working at lucrative jobs. Yes be stable but not "let's go on vacation to Italy" for no reason sort of money. I started thinking what if I ever married how would this choices effect it. Yes I'd be wry wealthy give her and my kids anything they'd ever want. But miss out in their life's and I'm sure she would be lonely which leads to other issues.

• Wealthy but away from home often.
    16% (3)
  • Stable (but not poor) but around more.
    84% (16)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

7

Most Helpful Girl

• The second one. The kids and I would want his time much more than his money.

My dad made a lot of money at his job while I was growing up but he wasn't very present at home.. Not to where he was gone half the year, but enough so that he pretty much always got home from work after I was already in bed. So yes, I was able to go to many places including Hawaii and Europe, and I had a pony, but I'm not sure the lack of a relationship with my dad was worth it. (To be fair though, the lack of a relationship with him was probably more because of severe emotional abuse on his part.)

• Sorry to hear about your dad, I just want I guess a good career but as a man I feel like I should be able to take care (financially) wife and kids but I'm not sure if 50-60k a year would do it vs 150-200k a year working abroad

What Girls Said 6

• As long as i have a roof on my head and we are able to eat i want him with me im not marrying the money im marrying the person. So B

• Do option one first, Find a girl who works at home and you can travel together for ten years, save that money, settle down for a job like option two once your kid hits school age.

Best of both worlds.

• His time for sure. Money doesn't mean much to me. That's why my fiance is going into family medicine residency instead of surgery. He wants to spend more time with me... although he'd be making a lot more $ as a surgeon.

• For some reason I thought woman wanted a wealthy guy but guess it doesn't matter if he isn't around.

• Yeah... but you may be able to get the best of both worlds. Example.. my fiancĂ© will be making about $200,000 as a fam med doc where we live... that's not too bad and I'd still get to see him b/c I plan on working in the office. So maybe you could somehow get your wife to work with you... or get a job that is lucrative but isn't too time consuming.

• Why bother getting married (or being together) if you're not going to be around much?

• If you're single do what is right for you. If you were married, would you allow her to travel with you?

• Working camps in the middle of war zones are not places I'd want to take some one I loved.

• Ahhhh didn't know you were going in the military. Totally understandable.

• Not military but private contractors usually drill oil wells or mine resources or build and maintain facilities in Iraq, afgahnistan a lot of war torn regions but they make bank too... but there's a lot of dangers that go with it.

• Stable and very present.