As a wedding guest, could you handle attending an outdoor wedding ceremony in the winter?

The ceremony shouldn't be longer than 30 minutes?

• Dont do it. The guests may freeze to death.
  • I dont think it would kill the guests to spend 30 minutes out in the cold.

Most Helpful Guy

• If it's in the upper north (Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan), then hell no - at least if it's in the dead of winter like January or February!!! But if it's somewhere like Texas or Tennessee, I suppose it probably wouldn't be too bad. 30 minutes is a while. Of course, I wonder how the women will think about that in dresses. Even Tennessee isn't that warm in the winter.

• Yea the wedding is in the south. Our last February was actually kinda warm. If they did wear dresses, it would be something cute and warm. Yet, I dont even want bridesmaids

• Then, the more south you are, the more you should be fine - at least with the men. The women may be a different story, not just the bridesmaids. I'm talking the female guests. Thanks for the MHO.

What Guys Said 1

• In the subtropics it's probably the only time an outdoor wedding would fly.

What Girls Said 5

• I think it's inconsiderate to any young children or elderly people who may be in attendance.

• Hell no! Unless it's ok for me to show up in jeans and a thousand sweaters. I'm not spending $200 on a dress just to sit outside in the cold with a coat on and my hands stuck under my armpits.

• Who told you to buy a $200 dress? I've attended many weddings dressed casual. I've only ever really seen the bridal party dressed up anyways. Plus its 30 minutes? School recess would leave you out in the cold longer than that. Just sayin...

• HAHAH I have never been to a wedding where jeans are ok.

• The winters here are too cold for that. No way would I attend an outdoor winter wedding.

• Are there formal snowsuits? :)

• Its your wedding do what you want

• As a guest, would you feel offended though?

• No not at all