What do women get from staying with cheating husbands?

If your husband cheats on you (multiple times) why not leave? What is there to work out and what do you need to do? I'm watching Basketball Wives LA and one of the girls Malaysia divorced her husband Jannero Pargo because he wasn't faithful. Another woman on the show, Patrice's husband actually had a child as a result of the affair and she actually stayed with him and is even adopting the child (the mother died). Even though BBWLA have rich husbands, there are regular women who are middle class and poor who stay with their cheating spouses. Why do women feel the need to work things out with a cheating spouse? Would you stay?

Most Helpful Guy

• The woman gets an intact family unit for the children. For these women, having the facade is better for the children in the long run in their opinion, so they self-sacrifice their ego for the sake of the children.

Do you not find this admirable?

• It's sad that they have to suffer. I understand wanting to keep the kids in a two patent household but can't kids tell when parents aren't happy? Won't they see through the facade? What if daddy brings home mommy an std what then? At some point you have to draw the line. Why isn't he thinking about the children? I don't know I just wouldn't do it.

• That must be a terrible position to be in... if I were a woman I wouldn't know what I would do either!

Most Helpful Girl

• they get nothing.

What Guys Said 3

• It depends on their situation. I'd say finances for sure but also if they have kids a divorce can really impact them.

• Because they figure they have too much invested, treats her nice, father of her kids, doesn't think she can do better, divorce is too expensive, don't think they can live on their own, and on and on

• They are so hard to understand, They are like women who put up with domestic violence, low self-esteem, fear, or for interest.

What Girls Said 4

• Sometimes I think it's just easier for them to stay. They still have a man, financial support, familial support, a ring on the finger, status as a married woman and all the paraphernalia that comes with the territory.

I wouldn't stay as I couldn't look at that person the same way ever again. They would lose my admiration, my approval, my acceptance of who they are as a person and I just couldn't abide to be near them.

• I don't get that either.

• Well, I made vows to him;don't wanna be a statistic that half of martial couples are divorced. I'd cheat back then work it out

• Money? I don't see why else a woman would put up with a cheating punk.