Why is marriage an unattainable achievement?

When you look at people through their lifespan much of people's opinions comes from your relationship history or marriages. I have seen first hand how many relationships end because poeple just aren't happy with the same person forever. They just lose interest. It's not hate nor a deceitful act, they just want something else. As the divorce rate climbs, it has me thinking more and more about the basic primal and animalistic feelings of us as humans. We're no different than animals, self awareness or not. I want this to be a nice little conversation, no religious arguments are welcome.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think that it's unattainable. Most people get married, and many marriages remain happy and committed through the couple's lifetime.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think most people get into marriage thinking that it is going to solve all their problems and once they are married they can live happily ever after... Wrong!
    The thing of it is I think a marriage requires two mature people that know a relationship is like a garden... it has to be watered and nourished... It's not just something you obtain and don't have to do anything after that point... No, it is a never ending process.
    Yes, in many aspects humans are not much different than animals... In fact we are not much more than fancy animals with high tech gear... but it is the high-tech wiring within us that cause us to be so complicated, unlike animals.
    I think as far as a one life partner, I've never had it... I like the idea... But I think some of it may be just finding an animal like you, one of your kind where you are compatible and think about relationships in a similar way and accept each other for who they are not for who they want you to be.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 5

• I think people experiment too much before marriage

The more people you experience the more options you've tried that harder it is for you to be satisfied with just one forever. You'll miss the variety you used to enjoy.

• Dung beetles mate for life and so do most rodents.

quicklol.com/.../...y-dung-beetle-rolling-poop.jpg

• Our whole purpose in life is produce offspring and being with the same person forever doesn't peoduce the highest chances of continuing your genes. Nature is survival of the fittest & keeps evolving. Being with I my one partner is not what nature intended. Humans/nature wants to spread your genes to other individuals that will continue to evolve/get stronger.

• The trick is to be happy before you get married and to marry someone who is happy without being married also. Then you don't expect the marriage to make you happy and you don't expect getting out of it to make you happy either. You should get married because you want a partner to do things like raise a family with, not to 'complete yourself'. You should choose someone who is capable of being a good friend (not everyone is) and a reliable business partner (ditto) as well as a lover.

• "Without Me you can do nothing" said Christ, the God and creator of the universe. uniting two people through marriage for a life is a true miracle. how can two different people with different personalities and peculiarities stay together? they can only if they have the grace of God. and only if they share a common goal which is salvation. marriage makes sense only if it is christian marriage, and even more so though the way it was meant to be. as a holy sacrament. between two spiritual people who struggle for the good fight. the fight against their passions and the development of the divine virtues. there are no deadends and breakups for such a blessed relationship. such people make through His aid the miraculous union of two people in one harmonious entity with one heart and mind.

• you said no religious arguments are welcome but i could not hide the truth. only the truth answers your question truly. all other things are just theories and no ending mental dead ends... .