I'm having shish kabobs and shrimp skewers as part of the main entree for my wedding. What main dish to go with this entree? Pasta?

Not sure what to do besides a vegetable and salad side. Maybe soup, pasta, baked potato? Help...

Most Helpful Girl

• Rice Pilaf goes well with any kind of skewered entree. It is a classic combination. In addition I would serve some kind of a soup and a side salad. That should be plenty. Most people do not eat a lot at a wedding reception.

• I also considered a soup since salad was already on the menu. But my family is black lol. Im not trying to stereotype, but they're picky and will definitely eat everything. Plus, its 200+ of them. I want to make sure I have enough food

• Well, it's good to be prepared. ;)

• Thank you for the MHO!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 5

• Rice pilaf.

• Isn't the caterer helping you decide?

• I'm not sure if I want a cater. Every wedding I've attended so far, they self-catered so I'll probably do the same

• If you are having dancing and all that 8 would stay away from heavy foods as they can weigh people down, and possibly make them I'll after a while if they work up a sweat, if they don't fall asleep. Carb heavy dishes will do that (as well as slow down the "after party"). Think about how you feel after a big meal that's carb heavy like Thanksgiving, and how you feel when you eat lighter foods.

• Well thats why I was doing a noon wedding. It would only be 2-3 hours and I didn't plan on much dancing

• i would do fettucine alfredo

• Would kabobs, shrimp, pasta, a vegetable, and salad be enough on the plate? Like are kabobs not a big enough meat

• i think kabobs are big enough but i might put a bit of chicken breast in the pasta

• Yea I was considerinh that as well

• Whip up some pasta or rice

• Pasta is good.

• More of a Lasagna pasta? Or something like Alfredo?