GIRLS, how would YOU respond if you were proposed to at a McDONALDS? Would you say YES anyway?

Watch this first!

https://youtu.be/-SW1YiQ4ZVA

Do you think it was right for her to say no just because his proposal wasn't glamorous enough?

Personally, going into the video I was like, "Oh jeez man, a McDonalds? Really? Eh, she'll probably say yes anyway"

But then I saw how she reacted and heard what she said and honestly I was so disgusted with her... I mean I get how she was hoping for something with more glam but I feel like she was such in the wrong for saying no JUST because of that! I get if she said no because they weren't ready yet but to me, it seemed presentation was important for her... What do you think?

14

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't think he was serious at first, but if I really wanted to marry him, it wouldn't matter where he proposed to me. It would actually be kind of funny to explain to people how he proposed.

I'd prefer something a bit more... intimate than McDonald's though. I've never been a fan of public proposals in general. They're so awkward. And it's awful if she ends up turning him down for whatever reason (and not just because it wasn't glamorous enough, I mean for real reasons). Not only is it humiliating for the guy to be rejected in front of many people, but also embarrassing for the girl because everyone will start to assume that she's just a coldhearted bitch or something.

I'd prefer to be proposed to at home in a more romantic setting, but like I said, in the end it doesn't really matter as long as I love him and want to marry him.

• It'd be understandable to ask for a do over proposal afterwards if you weren't completely happy :) I just wanted to know if you'd say yes anyways regardless of how much glam is on the actual proposal.

• Well a do-over is not really the same. A proposal is a one shot kind of deal I think. I would say yes in pretty much any setting as long as he doesn't humiliate me or somehow end up treating me badly in the process.

What Girls Said 13

• Its not quite the romantic, but hey if we truly love eachother, I'm down for whatever ;-)

• That's what I'm saying haha

• I just watched the video. That hoe made me so mad. Like Oh you can drink outta my cup, but you can't accept a ring putta my burger? #Ungrateful

• You know you can actually have your wedding in McDonalds. $2000 you can have your wedding at McDonalds, so if she said yes, she could also have the wedding there ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ LOOOL

I would of said yes, what a pusscake she was 😒

• You learn new things everyday. That would have been an epic wedding right there.

• I know right

• Lol at 1:52 her face.

She couldn't take him seriously through the whole proposal because of the way he did it.
    Even though his proposal was funny, it was cute at the same time because you could feel he genuinely wants to spend the rest of his life with her.

I would accept.
    But I would find it funny!

• I'd have said yes to my husband no matter what the circumstances of the proposal. More fun to have a great romantic story, but I wasn't missing out on marrying that man for ANYTHING.

• I would have thought he was joking. A McDonald's drive in? Really? He would have done better proposing at home. It wasn't romantic at all

• I feel like she was mean about it, because I mean she joked with him about it and that's where they ended their first date. Personally I have no problems with proposals anywhere at any time because I feel like when he or she proposes where they do it is for a reason having to do with the other person.

• Quite honestly, I agree with her. There are some things that you need to take seriously - marriage is very near the top of the list. He thought it would be sweet but it really wasn't. She says to him "I know everything is a joke to you, but this should be serious." That's not how I would want to be proposed to, only because it would scream irresponsibility to everyone else.

• I would not be impressed but I would say yes anyway.

• I'm Actually kinda conflicted on this question.
    I mean. .. I'd probably say yes and be happy, but it feels so cheap.
    That doesn't mean I'd wanted in a fancy and expensive Restaurant or such. But even proposing at home, would feel a Lot better.

• It'd be understandable to ask for a do over proposal afterwards if you weren't completely happy, but the point I'm trying to bring is why would you say "no" just because a proposal isn't "good enough"? Cause I'd feel that would defeat the whole purpose and value of a proposal and what's supposed to mean.

• Well, She might have thought that she was as valuable as sloppy Burger ;D

• I would be like: Yes! I'm lovin' it!! :P

• I would probably tell him to try again elsewhere. No point in getting angry about it, though.

• That's understandable to ask for a do over, but would you have said yes anyway cause you loved him?

• I wouldn't answer if my original intention was yes, but I would say no if my intention was no.

• yes it was not very romantic and he could have put in more effort but if they were serious enough for him to purpose , she should have said yes

• For me it's more about how romantic it was. You could propose at home as long as it was romantic I'd say yes. This just wasn't romantic in my opinion

• He said in the description that he's never been good at being romantic and him proposing at McDonald's was his best try at romance. His girlfriend always joked around for years about them getting engaged at one and he thought it'd be cute to do it there because it was their inside joke. So technically this is romantic in his eyes.