GUYS! How many of you wanna get married?

I realllllyyyyyyy want to! And have a fucking awesome life with him. But I feel like no guys want that anymore. :(

Most Helpful Guy

• I do not want to get married, but that is do to unfair laws that harm men like alimony/childsupport and the legal rights of women to take full custody of children despite what the father wants. Since most (80%) of divorces are filed by women since they are not the ones who suffer from it, it makes wanting to get married a very dangerous thing. Its the laws though, not the desire not to be with one person. I very much want to be with one person and have a family but its so risky because even unmarried fathers can still be burdened with massive child support and have even fewer rights to there children then married fathers. You want to get married advocate for changes in the law, its whats deterring men from marring.

Most Helpful Girl

• I do and honestly I'm tired of the argument marriage ruins lives when you get a divorce. In Canada even if you didn't marry a person if you live with them for a certain amount of years and you two broke up if you can't prove what belongs to you they have a right to take your own stuff. So either way marry or not you can lose everything.

• So doesn't that just prove the point that men are getting screwed? If you want it to change then advocate changes in laws. That will definitley win a guy over knowing that you care enough about them to want to change a system that benefits you but harms them.

• Remember what I said with couple who are not marry living together? yeah that apply to girls too I use to have a friend (I don't talk to her anymore). When her break up happen the guy had a right to take all her things plus her dog she own for years. She wasn't piss about the stuff she was more piss about the dog and quite frankly I think its retarded how living together or marry together when you two break it off one has the right to take all your stuff.

• Plus it makes it worst when you break up with someone and all they want to do is take all your stuff.

What Guys Said 25

• I did. I'm not sure what changed whether it was me or just my experiences and things I heard but I've gone against the idea, at least for now.

They all seem too false and messy to try and I doubt my chances of making it work for long.
    Don't listen to me though. I'm really cynical.

• You're too young to be this cynical

• Oh, I always wanted to have children. I used to work as a nurse in an old age home, and so many times older people have told me 'get married, have a family because at the end that's the only thing you have left' and it's so true. The people who decided that they're never gonna settle down are miserable and lonely. They have nothing but, the ones who've settled down and had a family were happy and content. It had a huge influence on me.

• You have a point.
      Hopefully I get that choice.

• Nah. Couldn't I just love someone without that?

• Well, yeah... But I wanna marry the guy I love that much...

• When I've find a girl worth marrying then yes.

• that's because marriage is a RESPONSIBILITY! it means WORK DEDICATION COMMITMENT not being SELFISH not thinking about THIERSELVES! They haven't grown up yet or are mature yet! And marriage isn't always fun or easy or perfect! need I say any more why guys don't treat/want marriage?

• I want to get married, my wife and I living a normal life, having kids and looking forward to being like 80 years old. Reminiscing and laughing about our years of marriage. sounds corny but that's what I want, but I've never even had a girlfriend before so marriage is a pipe dream

• That's so sweet! I hope that happens for you

• I don't want to get married but would quite happily cohabit and have a family.

• You never wanted to get married or just not now in this day and age?

• Never wanted to get married

• I do but I have to find a girl that likes me first. Never dated or had a girlfriend yet so I gotta do these things first before considering marriage. Gotta find "the right girl" first.

• I really want to. Problem is finding the right woman. Very few are a good match.

• I do. And will when the right woman comes along

• I have no problem marrying. I just don't want to do it before I'm 30.

• I would like to be so crazily in love that marriage seems like the best idea ever. :)

• I would love to get married and have 2 kids, a dog, a cat, a house, a car, and go to Disneyworld

• California is a horrible place to get married as a guy. I don't have enough info on other states to know about them but is marriage that important? I think many guys will happily commit to a relationship but most are going to avoid marriage here.

Until the laws change or I doubt I will ever get married since I don't plan on moving.

Who knows many things change with time?

• Cali sucks. And yeah I really wanna get married.

• It just ruins lives...

• Well I don't want to for a very very long time, I guess I'll wait for another 9-10 years but my parents do want me to get married in a couple of years, not gonna happen though

• Why do your parents want you to get married in the next couple of years?

• they think that 27-28 is the perfect age for a guy to get married

• It is.

• Sorry, marriage is simply a bad deal for men. Everything you can get from marriage you can get from a life partner minus putting your life's work on the line.

• I am ready to get married... i am serious about this :)

• Are you engaged?

• no, i am single... and searching for my mate and if i find her i will sure marry her, life is so short... no body is perfect. being simple is the base of a happy life... i do not want to be in long relationship to get bored, marriage is an developing life that brings much happiness.

• Ok let's get :D

• Nope, not getting married... ever.

• just you some mfuckas too young to get married i dont want noone takin my money if we divorce

• Not a chance in hell.

thelibertarianrepublic.com/.../

If other people want to get married I don't have a problem with that at all it's just not for me.

• You're correct: we don't want that because all it does is Fuck us over. If it didn't Fuck us over, maybe we wouldn't be so opposed to it.

Seriously, the only guys who do get married today are religious dudes or guys who can't get a girl otherwise short of offering a girl a fuck-me-over-for-life contract.

• God, not always. I know of plenty of successful marriages.

• As a girl, you'll get the best of the marriage whether or not it works out, so I've no doubt you'll get what you want.

• You must have witnessed some awful marriages to feel this way.

I for one am very capable of "getting a girl" (most people are, but not all believe it), and yet I want to get married. I am Agnostic.

• I did and I am, but it's not easy. Staying together through thick and thin will try every fiber of your being. Do not enter into such a contract lightly. Be prepared to be disappointed, frustrated, and sad a lot. Be prepared to be stubborn and hold on to the person you love even though they aren't always making you as happy as you'd like. If you can do that, get married. If you're going to run at the first sign of trouble, don't.

• Sure, I'll draw up the prenup and we can get married :)

• What does a prenup do exactly?

• That's fine with me but, we're not divorcing.

• I never believed in divorce and I'd be willing to put in all my effort so that we'd stay together no matter what. Divorce is only an option in case of cheating... which I highly disapprove of.

But back to your original question, of course I want to get married!! :D

• Once upon a time, I wanted that.

But experience tells me that women think a relationship is over once the "spark" is gone, because they think that with the "right person" that spark will last forever. It doesn't, and so they leave.

If a woman could prove that she's not like that by living with me for say, five years, then I'd think she's probably genuine and consider marriage.

What Girls Said 10

• Yeah I suppose, dont think about it much though. I'm whatever about it

• just be single... dont worry about this stuff

• One day
    //

• I'm not really interested in getting married :/

• I do! but in like 5 or more years

• If it happens it happens, if it doesn't it doesn't.

• Getting married is a strong proof of commitment. So yes I definitely want to get married some day.

• If I find the right guy then yes.

• even tho, u may loose him when u get married, many couples have said the same thing and discovered the ugly face of truth.

• u still 17... wait till be in 26 or 27 to realize that love is just fake symbol that other people hide their secrets.

• @RightMan
      I'm not going to be keeping any secrets from my SO.
      Honesty is very important to me.
      Love isn't a symbol. It's an action.

• Yes I really want children

• Ha. Get ready for that fucking awesome divorce too, girl. lol

But if you want to get married, you probably will. A lot of people still get married, especially if you move to certain areas that value marriage most and marry younger. Improves your odds.

• However, some people here must be incredibly young or stupid. "You can get everything in marriage that you can outside of marriage" is technically not true. Marriage is a legal contract. Inheritance, property rights, visitation privileges, default say in event of death, adoption issues, TAXES motherfucker. Incorrect. Marriage was not created for love. Love first then marriage is a very young idea. Marriage has traditionally been about property, money, inheritances, and family. I'm not even a strong proponent of marriage, but it seems like basic education. People should already know this shit but I constantly hear guys here say "Men get nothing from marriage." My father would beg to differ for all the reasons I mentioned and more. Your "I love you, babe" pales in comparison to the legal/tax benefits you get from marriage, especially if you plan on having children.