If someone were a devout Christian and widowed at a young age, do you believe it is Biblical for them to re-marry?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably not but the Old Testament also tells us to kill midgets and homosexuals. It was written be humans and humans are flawed so no doubt the Bible is flawed as well. You can be a devout Christian and not do everything the Bible says in my opinion

• midgets? um no.. not if the NT says so

• I don't care. The New Testament is what you have to follow. Jesus said you don't have to follow all of the old law.

• Oh ok! Well whatever floats your boat! Then probably re-marrying is fine!

What Girls Said 2

• Yes the Bible does say widowers can re-marry.

• Yes, it's acceptable.

What Guys Said 6

• Yes it is and it states as such in the bible

• where

• specifically

• I am not going to get my bible out and do a bible study on this site. Do your own research. It's there

• Is there anything in the Bible that would proscribe a second marriage?

• No.

I don't know a thing about the book though, I just thought of whatever seemed most unreasonable and went with that.

• Yes, that would be appropriate. Why?

• The Bible clearly says that she needs to have unprotected sex with the her dead husband's brother.

• yes its ok to remarry the only time divorce was allowed and remarriage was if he or she died