Ok, let's talk proposals. Is it cool for a chick to propose to a guy? What would u do in a situation like that, guys?

I personally am very old fashioned when it comes down to things like this, so i could never propose to my boyfriend... no matter how deep i feel about him. It's against everything in my nature.

• Nah, only the guy should propose to the girl.
  • A chick proposing? That's pretty cool.
  • I'm a chick and i have/plan on proposing to my man.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 5

• Girls, after you propose to him and he says yes, how do you respond when he says, "I've picked out the color scheme for the wedding."? Oh, no, you can't do that; that's what the girl gets to do; right?

• This is America. Equal rights you know

• I can dig it.

• I'd be down for it. But the proposal has to be something special. Not just over dinner, ya know?

• My wife did. I said, "OK, If you're sure you really want to. Marriage isn't a romance you know."

• It is to me.
      Did ur wife get down on her knees a present to you your engagement ring?

• No, she just asked me if I wanted to get married.

• That's pretty cool.

What Girls Said 4

• We live in a world where its basically whatever goes these days, so if another woman wants to propose to her man, I wouldn't think much of it, I mean end of the day, their engaged whether s/he proposed however having said that all, we are the world, I still wouldn't personally propose because I just feel like, let him have it, let him propose, let this be "a guy thing." Not too many women are fighting out there to make this a gender equality issue, and those that are, are going to just go ahead and propose if they want to.

• I was told I could propose to my boyfriend if I bought him a very shiny, very expensive, watch... and asked his parents for permission.

I'd be open to that idea.

As it stands... we went ring shopping on Sunday so me thinks that I will not be buying a proposal watch :p

• Lol looks like you've been spared this time :p Congratulations girlie ^~^

• Why shouldn't she? If she wants to, then she should.

I know a guy who said that he had an Italian girlfriend who thought the American custom of the man proposing to the woman is degrading to the woman. Apparently, Italians simply talk about marriage and then they go to do it.

... I find that boring. I like being surprised. Different strokes for different folks though.

• It's tradition in my family. The guy proposes to the girl.
    I wouldn't mind if I had to do it but I prefer the guy to propose. :)