Would you live with your husbands parents (in-laws)?

Your husband wants to look after his old parents would you live in his house and he also have his parents with him?

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Girl

• I had married a man out in Egypt a few years back, and Looking back, even though we had our own apartment in the family house, it seemed we never had a chance to Be... Spouse and spouse.
    His parents would Continuously keep him running for their Constant Needs like he was some gopher, Go for this and Go for that. We never had any privacy and I found his mom, especially, to be rude and crude, Incessant and Indifferent with being at our door at all times, wanting sonny to be at her beckoning baby call.
    Along with This, for I stayed out there for awhile after we had tied the knot in Cairo, his other bro was getting married and all the attention with Him and his fiance, was not only focused on them but Money spent which they went broke to give them a lavish wedding with all the trimmings, which was A... Glamorous apartment above our ratty one downstairs.
    It doesn't always work living with Not Only 'family' but Another end which is Someone Else's Family who is Their Pride and joy.
    It can very well end up with no unity and a house divided instead on the Homestead.
    Good luck. xx

• Thanks for sharing and privacy should be respected by the in-laws

• Still not that bad, a new experience for you and a husband not bad :)

• Yes, a Big experience and with the bro who had gotten married, soon after I left, the bride divorced the bro and now the bro, 3 years later, is trying to tie the knot again and what/ Live in the same scene with the family? lol.. Glad I won't be at that wedding or weird scenario again.:)) xx

What Girls Said 8

• I would because he's my husband but I would absolutely be miserable, unhappy, and would grumble about it.

And it would be a shock if my unhappiness didn't destroy my relationship with my husband.

Due to female politics, women need to be the head female in their marital house. Bring a wife into the home of the mother/inlaws and there will be a power struggle between the two women. Bring the older generation into the younger's house and there will still be a power struggle.

It's not a good idea. It will breed animosity.

• you're adorable.

• But what if that was so he could take care of them

• It doesn't matter. You allow it because they're family but if you think your mother and wife won't be passive aggressive toward each other you're wrong. Expect your marriage to suffer. It won't go well. Your mother will expect you to be a son first and a husband second. Your wife will expect you to be a husband first and a son second. You can't be both. One relationship will suffer. And the one that does will hold it against you.

• I'd prefer and in-law apartment kind of floorplan so that both couples still had privacy, but having them nearby so that we can take care of them makes sense. And if it were important to him, there's no way I'd just say "no" without a discussion.

• Yeah like a separate living quarter but within the same house

• Sure. Would help him in any way I can - makes sense. They're your family now too.

• Yes, and I hope they are caring people. :)

• Yes. I'd want my kids to do the same.

• of coarse I would still be with my husband. you would have to be a pretty poor wife if just this gets her to leave her husband.

• when I first posted this question I thought the majority of girls would run away when faced with this prospect

• sounds like a good idea. put some would have to be in a very long relationship before they're not bothered by the idea.

• They would have to have grown into liking the guy so much they would put up with it

• Sure. Parents love me.

• You must be a charmer then

• My auntie had a house that was seperated by a wall down the middle of the house. There was a door on either side of the living rooms and you had to put a key in from both sides to unlock the door to get to the other side.

She lived with her in laws and I always thought that was great. She got the privacy of her own house but was only a door away to get to there house if that makes sense. If it was like that then yea I would

What Guys Said 0