Is it too early for him to talk about the idea of marriage?

It has been a month and we have great compatibility and chemistry. We have talked every night since we first met. I like him. He asked me to be his date for New Years Eve. He talks seriously (and has on more than one occasion) brought up the idea of marriage and the future...because it has only been a month I am wondering if this is too soon for a guy to know? Because I like him and naturally want to take the time to get to know him more/better...but the marriage talk just seems a little premature...our New Years Eve date will be our first real date.

Most Helpful Girl

• haha the other day my boyfriend of 2 months was like... you need an engagement ring! I hope he was joking but it was cute.

not too early to talk about it jokingly, or hypothetically... but a lot of guys in your age bracket really want to get married, and if your feelings are really strong, I don't see the problem.

just keep it light, and if he gets serious, then have a serious chat about how you would need to get to know him more before considering marriage, and say you don't want to rush. :)

What Guys Said 1

• erm a month is really quite early to talk about marriage... that's 6months/1 year(+) in kind of talk at least from my experiance...

What Girls Said 2

• yes. very much too soon.

it will be time once yall get out of the "honeymoon stage".

where their habits are cute. but they get annoying.

these last usually 6 months to a year.

• Maybe it's different at your age but if I was dating a guy for 1 month and he even mentioned marriage I would run a mile.