Should I be worried my older sister is only getting married for money?

OK my older sister and I get along pretty good, but she's engarged to this guy she's
only knew for about a yr? I was in my mothers car and my sisters fiance was brought
up and I asked my mother if this guy had money because the were going out to some
fancy resturant tomorrow night She said he made $250k last yr because of his job/s.
No he's not a Lawyer or a Doctor or a drug dealer lol. Now my mother says she had
my sister had no idea he had so much money? Now I don't know if I believe that or
not? Anyways he seems like a nice guy but I just hope she's not marrying for his
money?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 2

• Yeah sure because a guy is rich that automatically makes him a soulless demon that nobody could love for any other reasons than his money...

• The guy must know what her reasons are? If your sis is using sex to get him marry him, what can u do?

What Guys Said 11

• I can't say for sure if she is only getting married for money. I can understand wanting to get married to someone who is financially secure and wealthy is good but getting married only for money is morally wrong, I can't say from your post what it can be, I would give you one suggestion though if you ever doubt that your sister is getting married only for money, then stop her right away, tell her politely not to even think that way, show her the right path. That is I am saying is she is doing that only then otherwise not.

• i'm afraid POSSIBLY she does... but doesn't she know how he makes so much money? did she ever asked? if she did and he refused to tell... then it's really dangerous and she should avoid him better

• I believe he told her or she somehow found out?

• iif he told her it's good... but if she found out on her own,... then nope

• One year is more than enough to get engaged.

• Most rich guys have brains so they know if the girl they marrying if its for money or something else. In this case you might be the only one in the dark about the true intentions of your sister.

• yes worry enough to tell he man this or sure enough she will divorce him take his money never loving him! your sister is a classic definition called a GOLD DIGGER! OK?" wan this man about this ASAP And do it without anyone knowing! Would u want a woman to marry u not because she don't love u but because u have money?

• You can worry but it's not your problem. But I think it's ok for you to ask her one last time if she really loves this guy. Are they good together? Respectful and nice to each other?

• I don't know how good they get along? I only see and speak to her once a week.

• Honestly, even though she is your sister, what she does is not your problem or any of your business. Let her marry who she wants for whatever reasons, why give a shit.

• well if he was smart and made that much money he would make her sign a prenup

• This is her private life. Let your sister comes as it sees fit.

• They always know... it's like a 6th sense.
    Why they fuck else would she marry him in just 12 months?
    Most regular people go at least 3 years before deciding, or even bringing it up.
    Hopefully the guy is smart enough to have an ironclad prenup.

• Most women get married for money (money issues are one of the main reasons if not the primary reason people get divorced) ... Appreciate your sister's honesty for actually admitting this.