Would you propose or want to be proposed to at a wedding?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, not at all!

The marriage is supposed to be about the couple getting married, NOT anyone else. I think anyone who proposes at someone else's wedding is doing a somewhat selfish act. I also would hate to be proposed to at a wedding (Since I'm a guy, this is highly unlikely.)

What Guys Said 9

• At a wedding? That's definitely not the time for such a thing.
    I'd rather do the proposing when it comes down to getting engaged, but at a wedding? No, never. That's the couple getting married's special moment. I wouldn't want to steal the spotlight off of them. I'd feel awful for doing that.

• That's taking away from the couple's moment. I rather do things like that in my own private time.

• I would think the person who proposes is just doing so for the excitement of the party, and I would think them stupid, since the party lasts a few hours, while the other characteristics of marriage will last for an eternity.

• Being traditional I'd rather be the one doing the proposing.

• I also would never be so rude as to propose to someone at another persons wedding.

• Propose because thats my role

• No and no.

• No, that's their day.

• I recently thought of doing this! Do not do it at another girls wedding! Stealing thunder and all that...

• Start dating and then 5 months later be proposed to. Not at another's wedding.

What Girls Said 17

• I would not want to be proposed to at someone else's wedding. That's pretty rude and it's stealing the show from the newly married couple. If he wants to propose to me, he should do it after the day is over and when we're in private and not I'm front of a crowd of people.

• Damn, if I was proposed to at a wedding, I'd probably say no :P It's ruining someone else's moment, there's no reason for it. Unless the couple has been asked beforehand and are incorporated in the proposal, then it's just rude.

• Nah, I don't want to steal the happy couple's thunder.

• No. It's someone else's special moment. That would be selfish to redirect the spotlight onto yourselves.

• I would want to be proposed to.

• No because I don't want to be proposed to around people that I know and I don't think its right to pick another couples moment to do that.

• Nope. I would be pissed if someone stole my spotlight on my special day so i wouldn't do it to someone else
    .

• No way! I'd hate to take away from someone's special moment and to also have my special moment when it's someone else's moment. Wouldn't be right on both accounts

• Don't propose at a wedding! Don't do it. That's their happy day, not your's. Figure out something much more romantic than that.

• I wouldn't want someone else to steel the spotlight on my special day

• i would never want that. that's supposed to be their special day. why the hell would i ruin that?

• Oooo, never! Only if you never want the bride to speak to you again. That is really tacky. Like that is the type of person who has to be the center of everything at all times.

• Yeah sure thats sweet

• No, that would be rude. Taking the attention away from someone who's getting married.

• i would never want to be proposed to at a wedding

• noo, I don't want to steal the spolight

• Absolutely not, why would I want to steal their spotlight?
    Seems rude to me, honestly.