This is a question for the more informed Christians?

Is it possible for Christian Catholic people to marry people of other religions (like islam, judaism, ...) THROUGH church?

Meaning, is it valid in the eyes of God?

Most Helpful Guy

• They would have to be fairly similar or the core beliefs similar. The Bible talks about equally yolked in the opinion below. I know most major Christian religions in North America are very similar to one another. Like a Baptist and 7th day Adventist wouldn't probably have any issues.

• Ok. I was talking more of like christianity and islam. Not really Different branches of Christianity. But I get it. Thank you for your answer.

• Thank you for MHO!! :D

• You are welcome :)

Most Helpful Girl

• No not valid

• U mean it is not valid or that it is valid?

• You are welcome

What Guys Said 4

• My cousin isn't catholic and she married a catholic guy at his church. So, I thik that it's allowed. If it's valid or not in the eyes of God, then it's up for religious people to answer, not me...

• Dunno. They say equally yoked, but I think that means that you believe in God as much as your partner.

• The pope has already decreed. So long the person is a good person, it doesn't matter what religion they follow, who are we to judge?

• no, they're not Christian.

What Girls Said 6

• This question has a mho, but I 'll give an answer as well if you don't mind. You can get married to a non-catholic christian, as long as he has similar beliefs, especially if he believes in holy mysteries, like marriage, baptism, holy communion. You can get married in both churches, to get both their blessing. It 's not that the church forbids you to get married to someone who has different beliefs or is of a different religion. A christian marriage's purpose is that God blesses the couple's union. So, for a person that doesn't believe in church's mysteries or isn't a christian, a christian marriage isn't important to him.

• You can marrying he made through the church depending on how strict your church is. I'm not entirely familiar with catholic practices, but here are verses against marrying others not of the same beliefs:
    2 Corinthians 6:14-15: "Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?" (KJV)

• Technically no as Catholics believe they are the one "true" Christian church.

As to whether it's a valid marriage in the eyes of God, don't you think he had bigger and better things to worry about than whether two Christians who love each other are married if they follow different sects of Christianity?

• True. However, here I am talking about something even more complicated: christianity and islam.

• Even so. Pretty sure any deity there may or may not be has bigger fish to fry.

• Yeah. I think the same. Thanks for making me feel better :)

I had a previous discussion with someone about this that made me feel sick to the stomach.

So thanks

• Speaking of Catholics specifically, they will not allow a church marriage involving a member of any NON-Christian denomination.

I've also personally experienced what Anon1999 was referencing to re muslim guys.

• Oh. Thank u for ur input. Do u min being more specifica about that thing with the muslim guys. Where were they from? How did u discover them to be violent? After how long?

• It's surprisingly consistent from stories I've heard. Perhaps your guy won't be like this. But patterns are hard to ignore.

• I get it. Thank u for telling me. I appreciate it :)

• Well muslims can only marry muslims I don't know for other religions but in islam if your future partner isn't a muslim he has to convert ^^

• YES, YES AND YES!!!