Why do some people never get married?

I think this sounds like a boring life to me.

Most Helpful Guy

• It just isn't for some people. Some people have no desire to be married to someone or even have a relationship with people.

That's like me saying "Why do some people hate baseball? That sounds like a boring life."

I want to get married (eventually), but I can see why some people don't want to.

What Guys Said 4

• You mean a piece of paper magically transforms someone boring life into a fun life?

The question is never "why NOT get married."

The question is always "why GET MARRIED?"

What will it "add" to your life, that you can't already have "WITHOUT IT"?

A relationship with the same person for the rest of your life? Don't need to be married to have that.

Children? Oh God! How have animals done it for so many years without being married? Don't need to be married to have that.

A "family"? Sorry Fox News, don't need to "be married" to "be a family."

So, marriage doesn't really "add" anything.

• there are people who don't believe in the confines of marriage, but they still live a happy and full life with a life committed partner.

• Because its a hassle? Pointless? Waste of money?

A boring life = married because more than 50% of marriages end in divorce. So thats a lot of waste of money and heart break...

Also staying with 1 person. Sounds boring to me.

• boring is a subjective term.

What Girls Said 1

• its as such maybe because its their choice or because they haven't been able to fine "the one"