Guys, Would it be okay for a girl to propose?

What would you think if a girl proposed to you?

39

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 38

• how does that work though? do you buy me an engagement ring? do you get down on 1 knee and when you show me the ring and ask me to marry you am I supposed to gasp in awe and put my hand over my mouth and become speechless?

its all so very awkward since its not common. im sure it wouldn't go down similar to the "guy" version of proposing lol. but the market for marriage in society is already targeted towards the guys proposing to the girls, so that makes it a little different. but hey I guess you girls can start a revolution here and make your own way of a girl proposing to a guy lol :P

• I don't see anything wrong with it. Actually it would be a real confidence booster if she thought I was that important to her.

• Sure it would be, why not?

But in my case I'll make an exception thanks to the way my experiences have been. Again however, I don't think the girls who do come up as needy and stuff :)

• I think it's a great idea. I'd love it

• Yes, it's absolutely okay for a woman to propose. I would love it.

Men and women are equal now, and this is no exception.

• I'd have it no other way + that would show me that she actually wants to be with me LOL

• Well... My girl kept hinting that i should get her a ring for awhile with talks about how cute our kids would be and how long we lived together. I got so fed up the more obvious she became that I pulled out the ring (that i had for months) and proposed on the spot.

Wanted to set up for the perfect moment. But hey! sometimes things are best left unplanned. :)

• basically long story short, she prwctically had the "Marry Me" stamped on her forehead for awhile before i proposed.

• Of course it would. If men can propose why can't women?

• Absolutely it is

• It depends on the guy you're with. Sometimes, some other guys see it as pathetic but others don't care. If you're still unsure, start giving him hints like talking about marriage and weddings and stuff to him, just make sure you don't pressure him into doing anything.

• Honestly, I wouldn't be proposing at all. So only chance a woman has with marriage for me is if she proposes.

• Sure why not?

• It would solve all my problems

• it is actually more common for girls to hint at wanting to be married before he asks. or asking him to ask. it happens all the time, no big deal. but marriage is a scam and a slavery contract. its a terrible idea, i have older sisters by 20 years that say that.

• I don't see why not?

• I would not mind
    In this generation, it should be accepted :)

• I don't know. It's certainly be a step forward in asserting equality.

• Well it would certainly break some cultural norms, but if I really cared about her and were at the point where that would be acceptable, why the hell would I care what society things. Sure I'd lose some face or manhood, but at least I'd be happy.

• I would be kind of stunned she was proposing to me, I'd be so happy she actually wanted to be with me for life, and it would take all the pressure off me :P

• watch the proposal :D
    and yeah it's ok
    it's great and that just means she really can't wait right :D

• Why would there be anything wrong with that?

• Yes why not? In this modern age it would be perfectly ok

• Yes, absolutely. I would have a great admiration if had the courage to proposed me, no shame.

• Yes, I would like it.

• Absolutely! I get tired of women complaining that their boyfriends won't propose. Seriously instead of giving him an ultimatum why doesn't she just ask him?
    (just curious: are you considering proposing yourself?)

• I myself would love it, but my friends would think i'm a faggot. If the girl did it in a private place that be cool i guess, that's just my opinion though.

• no because when I say no, she'd get depressed and become fat.

Alien Power!

• only if she follows up with lap dance

• i'd be less nervous.

• No. You are suppose to propose you idiot... lol

• More from Guys
    8