Does marriage kill your love life?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it all depends on how you go into marriage. I've often found people who see marriage as a stepping stone or as a goal often have a dwindling marriage later. People who believe in finding the one and living happily ever after often miss out on educating themselves prior to marriage of the inevitable struggles that come along with it and fool themselves into thinking their relationship is unique and will survive or worse they believe when these struggles happen it's definetly a sign that this isn't right and its time to leave. People who believe marriage is something your suppose to do and work to maintain for whatever reason (religion, society, thier kids, their general childhood upbringing) often make it longer than the first group but after a while fall into a pit of a lackluster life filled with sadness and regret like an animal stuck in a hole it dug for itself. But the last group, people who see marriage as an experience and an exercise, tend to do the best in my opinion. These people don't shroud relationships in idealism, they don't expect perfection, they focus on the act of loving not being loved, they're in it for themselves and the journey, they choose to be there and they focus on learning both about thier partner and the relationship which keeps things exciting. Because people change so do relationships and everyone but the last group fails to prepare for that. If you believe love and marriage are things that happen to you they will and you'll be left devestated wondering what happened. If you believe love and marriage are things you DO then it will last as long as you're both willing to try.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hasn't killed mine, but then again we don't have a baby. Ask me again in 5 or so years, lol.

In all seriousness though, the only thing that can kill a love life is you. If neither of you put in the effort to maintain an intimate relationship because you're "busy/tired from the workday/sick/have a headache/stressed about shit" or whatever common excuses people use, then that's what's killing your love life. Not marriage. This can happen to couple who aren't married.

What Guys Said 15

• Marriage does not kill a love life. But how people view marriage and act in the marriage may kill that marriage. Marriage is wonderful, for those that fit in it. But it does not make everything magically nice for people who do not really want to be in a marriage relationship.

• My marriage IS my love life. That's why I'm married.

• Only if you misunderstood and/ or was not ready for it. That's the basic truth because marriage is created of God that the man and woman may be bonded together forever in both spirit and flesh. Understanding the divinity of marriage is understanding its purpose. And by the way the purpose of marriage is not to kill your love life. Truthfully, it is to secure and enhance it. In my opinion :)

• That's like saying, what's sexier?

"A contractual obligation to be together, or else incur a significant cost and loss of resources should anyone separate or terminate such contractually obligatory relationship"

or

"A completely voluntary relationship, where both people are completely free to leave at any time with little or no cost or loss of resources, but nevertheless continue to voluntarily prefer being together"

"Marriage" casts the relationship in a completely different light. It "slowly" kills your love life. But, if you're growing impatient with how slowly marriage is killing your love life, you can always "have kids."

• I think so. But then, I don't really know what love is. I may not destroy your love life, but I think it destroys your love of life.

scontent.cdninstagram.com/.../...3_258748605_n.jpg

• how can you not know what love is?

• lol that's pretty funny. True only in the fraction of marriages in which one partner ends up being a bit cray. Can often apply to the male as well, in that he'll cheat and fuck over his wife + kids. So yes, true in not all but some cases, and also goes both ways so let's not lay all the blame on just females.

• love is that keeps me going in life, the feeling you have for someone that you just can't explain - that is love. let someone in your heart and you will see that the world will be a positive and wonderful place (but than again you have to really trust that person in order to love them).

• Only if either party starts thinking it is totally normal to be sexually uninterested in their partner.

• Not at all!

• No, but small children make it difficult.

• No. Why would it?

• You're thinking of the substance that kills sex drive... called Wedding Cake... lmao

• Nah, it's the same thing as being single. I dont know why your life style need to change...

• I'll let you know...

• No, kids do and usually people that want kids try and get them not long after being married so people mistakenly think it was the marriage.

• Yes. And if you're male, the inevitable divorce kills your financial life.

Fuck marriage.

• I once heard a quote that says "I'm married, not dead". Teddy was pretending to be Bobs wife, so that he wouldn't have to pay for the room because Amy was well, not feeling well, lol, and when Bob went to the bathroom, Teddy was like "I have a date", the resort guy is like, well what about your husband? So she goes "I'm married, not dead", lol. Good Luck Charlie

What Girls Said 7

• Nope, for me, love life begins after marriage!
    💕❤

I mean with the husband.

• No it doesn't
    Marriage isn't a problem
    Its the individual (s) in it

• I imagine it would since you are kinda off the market if you have morals you would stay off the market.

• i thought it was supposed to do the opposite lol

• It shouldn't.

• Marriage kills everything.

Don't get married, kids.

• yes it sorta does