How do you know when you're ready to get married?

Let's say you are both in love and marriage feels right but you are both still college students. Bad idea?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'll know I'm ready to get married when I'm with someone who's stayed by me through the good and the bad (i. e. my bitch fits while PMSing, days on end), we both have our degrees including steady incomes, own cars of our own, etc.. I'll be down to get married once I have everything pulled together, and am ready to be 100% self-sufficient.

Not to say that I'm not thinking about marriage at the moment. It does cross my mind, to see if my boyfriend has any potential for the long-term like that, if I can see myself being with him 10-20 years down the line. I've raised the issue with him, even. Just a thought though, to make sure any further emotional investment is worthwhile. As for acting on that, I'm in no rush just yet.

Most Helpful Guy

• You can consider marriage when you both have an income , a job for each thus.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• I think you've reached the point where marriage would no longer be rushing into things when

A) You've felt the way you do for at least a year, and

B) You are socioeconomically stable

• I think when you are settled down, have jobs, girlfriend moved in and settled for awhile.