What do you think of monogamy?

Do you think monogamy is ideal in marriage?

Unless what's your opinions?

Most Helpful Girl

• Over the years, the views of monogamy have changed drastically, A lot of people think its okay to be married and also see others on the side. "Ideal" isn't a good way of putting it. It's expected and should be lived up to. If someone wants to cheat they don't need to be married. Hence, the reason that polygamy IS illegal (in the You. S at least). A commitment to marriage and monogamy is a big responsibility, but can be done. Cheating is a lot easier than staying committed to one person. Apparently, Americans aren't as hardworking as everyone thinks. Lol

• Edit :

"(in the You. S at least)" Hahaha. *"In The You. S. A"* Is what I meant. Oh wow, I'm losing it. Lol

What Girls Said 3

• I think monogamy is great when you find the right person. I think it is ideal for marriage, at least in my opinion. Otherwise, why get married? Marriage is about monogamy. I would want my husband to be faithful to me and I plan to do the same. If you are not interested in monogamy, then I suggest shying away from marriage.

• Marriage is the bringing together of two people. Not two people and a bunch of other sex partners. Monogamy is not the only way, however it is the only type of serious relationship I personally will be involved in.

• I believe in monogamy in marriage. I want my partner to be loyal to me as I would be to him. If someone wanted to sleep around, then they shouldn't get married to do so. Marriage is sacred to me, it represents the bond between two people, and only two. Many other people have different views on monogamy but that's just my opinion.

What Guys Said 1

• Man was not biologically meant to be monogamous. It is only through religion and social conformity that we even have monogamous relationships.

Monogamy in marriage is a perfect ideal if one chooses that route. It's what marriage is all about.

If you don't want that, then join one of those compounds or remain single.