Is there any sense of getting married anymore?

When everyone just divorces?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, there is still "sense" in marriage today!

Just because a LOT (not all) people get divorced, doesn't mean I will. Many people stay together forever. I plan to be one of them, when I eventually do get married.

What Guys Said 5

• Marriage and divorce are legal version of relationship and break-up respectively. I believe break-up rate is much more than the divorce rate. Marriage is perceived as serious commitment and it is advised to marry in religion and conservative countries. There are Tax, Government, Insurance, Medical, Housing, Health, etc. benefits too.

Suggested reading :- www.theknot.com/content/benefits-of-marriage

• We don't have divorces here, live together till die, 😎 none in my family did it as far as I remember

• castle said something about challenges:But if a relationship doesn't work out, it's usually not because of the challenges. It's usually because the relationship wasn't strong enough to begin with. you need to be careful when looking for a mate.

• Nope just have relationships and get on with it

• not everyone get a divorce

What Girls Said 8

• there is if you really believe you've met the person you want to spend the rest of ur life with.
    you can't go into a marriage tinking about the divorce rates, you gotta believe that you are in that relationship that will make it. the one that will break the statistics

• Many people mistake lust for love which is why people are divorcing so quickly. Lust does not last forever and if you think extreme lust is a form of love then you are bound to get divorced at some point in your lives. The men I loved the most were the ones I never had any sexual thoughts about in any way shape or form. The idea of having sex with them never crossed my mind. Because I loved them for their wisdom, the compassion, their good deeds, their work ethic and their intellectual competence - not for how hot or sexy they were. This is the kind of marriage that lasts. The bible says to embrace wisdom like your wife meaning - you must marry the mind and spirit of the person - not the breasts, butt or legs of the person.

• There are significant legal benefits (even ignoring the financial/tax benefits), so I say yes. I realize that sounds incredibly unromantic of me, though. >.>

I just figure that yeah, I'm probably going to get divorced if I ever do get married, but I can appreciate the sentiment while it lasts, the legal status while it lasts, and as long as I don't have some crazy expensive wedding, I figure marriage would still be worthwhile.

• Couples who wed in the 1990s are less likely to split up than those who got married in the '70s and '80s, per U. S. Census data. And it looks like pairs who tied the knot in the 2000s arw divorcing at even lower rates, despite those marriages still being young.

The divorce rate is closer to being a third rather the half that people claim.

• Don't worry about that. Marriage isn't the problem. People are. You just have to meet the right person.

• Considering the number of weddings I've been to in the past few months: Yes!

But now i think it's more common for people to admit their reservations about the institution.

• I'm religious and I believe some people are meant to and others not.
    Marriage is a serious commitment and shouldn't be forced upon someone. Do what makes you happy.
    :* *cheers*

• Of course you just have to find the right guy